Grainger Valve

mscalc

Can Anyone give me details on how to hook up the "grainger valve" as a manual boost controller?

Mike Campbell
1987 GN- Basic bolt-ons

If you're referring to the $4 little plumber's valve... then all you have to do is t-off the boost line near the psg side valve cover, from the solenoid.

however, if you trust a $4 part with 18# boost... i'd get an adjustable wastegate, so much more accurate and no worries, got mine used for $45.

The car already has an adjustable wastegate and I am running 16-17 lbs of boost. I would like the car to spool a little faster which is why I was looking at the valve. When you say T off of the boost solenoid, do you just add a T and run this line to where? Do I leave the factory lines in place with the Y and then chnage where those lines go? I am not real clear on how it all works together.

mscalc said:
The car already has an adjustable wastegate and I am running 16-17 lbs of boost. I would like the car to spool a little faster which is why I was looking at the valve. When you say T off of the boost solenoid, do you just add a T and run this line to where? Do I leave the factory lines in place with the Y and then chnage where those lines go? I am not real clear on how it all works together.

http://www.gusmahon.org/html/boostcontrol.htm