Gotta love Mustang owners...

Fireplug

...It's Slow...
Well, I thought I'd take the car out for it's last day before the built motor gets swapped in and I'm glad I did. I was leaving campus today and headed off to get something to eat with a friend. I'm minding my own business when I see a 97 style mustang slicing around in traffic behind me. He proceeds to climb right up my ass and stay there, so I signaled my right blinker and got out of his way. (you never know, sometimes people are just in a hurry to get somewhere.) Then he gets right next to me and matches my speed with a downshift...I looked over and noticed it had the GT badges on the front fenders, it had a nice sounding exhaust and that's all that I could tell. So I turned the boost down to stock (boost controller is inside the cockpit) to make it a fun race. We catch the next light and he's staring at me. So I casually ask him if he was interested in running me. He looks over and replies "I guess, if you really want to." as him and his buddy snicker at me...Didn't like their cockiness so I decided to turn the boost back up to 15lbs.(Max this lil' T25 stock turbo can handle before blowing hot air) Light turns green and he pulls out slowly, so I do too...then he nails it. I step into it and pass him by top of first and keep on extending my lead until I let off in third...Next light changes red.
Now his tone has changed a little bit, seems a bit disturbed and angered. "Hey kid, you wanna try that again?! You can try your luck with me from a stop!" "sure" I say. Then he asks, "Is that thing front or all-wheel drive?" So I tell him it's front wheel. And they both get another sh!t eating grin on their faces. he revs it up moderately and holds it there for the light. Side light changes yellow and I tach it up to 5600 rpm...Light turns green and we're off. I pulled him by an easy car and a half or more off of the launch and kept on pulling...Until 3rd gear.... ~!POP!~ and my car dies...so I coast over and pull into the nearest parking lot...blew my intercooler pipe off.:eek: Still had him beat by a good 3 or so cars. That's what I like about 240's, not a lot of people know that they're RWD so they expect them to be another lil' ol Honda buzzing around. :)
He actually pulled a U-turn and came back to see if my car was ok. I told him I I just blew my intercooler pipe off and we chatted for a bit. Turns out he put GT badges on his Cobra and it had a few mods done to it: King Cobra clutch, 373 gears, exhaust, mac intake, and msd ignition. Said his best run was a 13.5 when he used to have a slipping clutch. His passanger buddy said, "I thought you said that thing was front wheel drive? It looked like your front tire was almost gonna come off of the ground!" Then I told them that I had a little 2.0 turbo swap and popped the hood, we exchanged our compliments and went on our seperate ways once my clamp was snugged up and ready to go.
Good way to finish for this motor, now it's time for the built one and big turbo. :cool:

Great kill. I wonder if it was really a snake? I doubt that someone would take a snake emblem off to put a gt emblem on. If your going for the sleeper look why not the pony so it lookes like a six.

Some people do the funniest things with their cars. I've heard of up-badging, but down-badging? Shoot, just take the stupid badges off totally, if you're going to go that route, make it a mystery at least.

bagding

a friend of mine has a GTP running low 13.0's... he stripped all the GTP badging off and put se badging on.. he gets a kick out of when people think its just a regualr old grand prix

Okay, I see the point - I take it he modified his back bumper, too? They have an insert on the GT's and the GTP's. Hard to badge it as an SE if he didn't touch his bumper, as someone might have done their homework. If he did, man... Sleeper. Any pictures of it?

no pics

But yes his friend works at a body shop..... went to junker pulled bumper.. srayed and wahla sleeper.....

Originally posted by jerrad
Great kill. I wonder if it was really a snake? I doubt that someone would take a snake emblem off to put a gt emblem on. If your going for the sleeper look why not the pony so it lookes like a six.

It's harder to tell a GT from a Cobra than a V6 from a Cobra.

I found out he's actually a friend of one of my buddies. He just thought it'd be fun to stick the GT badges on the sides and switched his rear bumper to GT style in the back. It's a good thing I did turn my boost back up from stock b/c he had me fooled that it was a GT. That would have been embarrasing...glad I didn't let my overconfidence get to me.