Got my Extender chip but I think its wrong...

fly89gta

I called up early last week and ordered it, said Ford Blue Tops, but the slip says 868's...are the chips for 868's and Blue Tops different???? The chip was about 4 days late getting here to begin with, I hope I don't have to send this thing back....

NOTE:I have not put this chip in to see how the car runs..

yep, its for 868's and according to the sheet there's a different chip for the 868's and Bluetops....oh well, guess I have to send it back :rolleyes: I was all excited to try this chip out too :(

then again, now that I think about it..the Trasher chips are the same for Blue Tops and 868's, so what should I do?

I went through the same thing 2 weeks ago. The flow pattern is quite similar with both injectors. I have the 868's and from reading other stuff the blue tops are pretty much the same but are more likely to bleed off FP. Just a word of advice. Try out the 868 extender make all your adjustments for drivability sake. Take a look at what the scanmaster says. My guess will be that you will run lean up top and rich down below, if so that is pretty much the same way the blue top extender will run.

I may have to send mine back to have it leaned out at part throttle and richened up top. A little tailoring to the pulsewidth should get this chip right. I noticed drivability improved immediately(and that is with it locked into closed loop operation all the time). To give you an idea on what my numbers are; normal driving with a little goose of the throttle here and there gives me o2's in the 500 range. No knock at all(being i'm still stuck at 14 psi) and that is with the maf wot knob maxed at 14% rich and the spark knob at -10* above 3200 rpms.

Down low I have the trans + settings to maf base lean idle#5 and the spark adv 8* advanced.
Fuel pressure is at 45 psi.

Like I said it needs a little tweaking but i am happy with it. there are so many options in it(antitheft,quicker spool during launches,lean cruise mode,shift light,etc.)

TradingT/A

thanks for the long response, I appreciate it...I'll give the chip a try...I was all bent out of shape and upset because I really wanted to try this chip ASAP, so your response has put me in a better mood, lol

I'll see what the scanmaster says, I got the extender wires so I can move the T+ into the car...I'll see what this chip can do :)

got em from ramchargers when i ordered my chip

6' spark extension was $15, then Kevin told me I need 2 6' strands for the MAF, so $45 total for the wiring :)