got compression numbers...oh joy...

SITHV6

Move against the Jedi 1st
Well, just got the T-type back from the shop yesterday and got some numbers to share for critique... before i post them i guess i should tell what prompted the check in the first place...
Had gone to the local 1/8th mile track and was up against some caged and hollowed out 5.0 wheel stander...so needless to say when the light dropped i stomped the pedal to the floor and pinned it there...LAZY launch and was reeling him in but didnt catch him :( ...ok i let go of the pedal and hit the brakes...um....Brakes? Brakes? BRAKE brake brake??? CRAP! Pedal was STUCK at WOT!:eek:and running out of room fast... like a cat at play i batted at the gas pedal with my foot to see if it was anything throttle related :tongue:.... the pedal swung like a pendulum lifeless... the brakes WERENT holding/slowing! So in desperation i tried throwing the car in a lower gear to get SOME kinda slow down... poor thing BLIPPED the rev limiter 3 times! no dice... turned car off and left the car in gear and stood on what little brakes i had... it was the end of the runway and the weeds were tickling the nose of the car as i turned off to the side on good ol' tarmac (aircraft runway) ... the over-rev blew out my steel intake gasket and i was pretty much DONE for the night. The shop i took it to had reclamped my top up-pipe and clocked the screw right in the path of the throttle cable end and when i stood on it...it jumped the clamp screw and got Stuck BEHIND it at WOT:mad:. after that i fixed the intake and drove the car around for errands til i got another daily driver (03 GS :cool:) but the oil smell was vexing... so i pop the hood and there was smoke coming from my dipstick ... uh oh... seemed my crankcase has a tale to tell.... To a BETTER Shop!...
did a compression test and here are the numbers...

1) 145
2) 150
3) 145
4) 150
5) 130 :confused:
6) 145

Soooooo think i pushed a ring??? Any resident gurus like to critique? plz? TIA!

Would be nice to have a scope to take a peek at the cylinder wall and see if there is any damage.
I had the exact same thing happen when I had a brain fart and reclocked my t-bolts. Nothing like locking up the front tires and doing a 100ft burnout at the same time...:eek:

Throw a squirt of oil in the cylinder and re-check the compression. Could be a very slightly bent valve. Id pull the heads off just to inspect everything. I doubt its a ring problem.

if it might be a valve problem (again...sice the car JUST had a head job done the week before this incident) would a leakdown test be adviseable over removing the head outrite?

if it might be a valve problem (again...sice the car JUST had a head job done the week before this incident) would a leakdown test be adviseable over removing the head outrite?

Like Bison stated: You probably have a bend valve from over-revving the motor. :(
I am not aware of any borescope hat will give the resolution of detail needed to find a leak that small.

I would say; Get some new HG's, call the machine shop to tell them the heads are on their way, and do the leak down after the make the calls, since you will more than likely pull the heads. :(

leakdown is always advisable and a better indicator of actual cylinder sealing conditions

Getting a leakdown test hopefully done TODAY after 12 noon... will repost the results immediately afterwards.

aaaand the saga conyinues...bleh!

Weeell, got back from the shop and did a leakdown test on that #5 that was low.... came out to be "GOOD" NO Indication of a bent valve *whew!:smile:* BUUUT it DID pop once at wide open throttle :rolleyes:... So now i have more TR 101 basics to go thru... tapping MAF, checking grounds, coil/module molesting...fuel pressure/boost numbers were good too. Dam this car is keeping me busy :tongue:.