Got beat today - LS1 Camaro

robertmee

I'm driving home (hour commute) and minding my own business at a four lane light in town. I'm actually sitting there, head down and texting. I hear a loud growl and look up to find a heavily modified LS1 with a huge hood scoop, stickers all over the back window, and a mean lope. Ruh, roh....Couple of kids, so I'm not too anxious to get on it, having visions of them squirreling into my lane, so I kind of ignore them.

Light turns green, and they bark it, so instinct kicks in and I floor it. Held my own but by 70, they'd put a car length on me. Then I remembered....Oh, shoot, I'm not in my GN ;) That's right, gotcha! I'm in my 03 supercharged Marauder...what was I thinking!!

Marauder's no slouch, putting down 470+ RWHP, but at 4500 lbs with my fat butt in it, I'm no match. I catch up and give them a thumb's up. At the next light, I ask them what they run and he says, low 11's. I know my 'Rauder runs 12.5 so I'm thinking BS, but I just got beat so I'm in no position to argue :) I tell them when I get my high 10 GN back from Kieth, I'll be looking them up :D Then we'll really see if you got low 11's.

That's one fast whale-body! :)

I had a slightly-modded (Marauder airbox/MAF and tune) '01 CVPI. Loved that car but it was stolen, total loss... :mad:

Dude wtf! How many cars u own?? Lol... Hey one car length aint bad.. Could of been worse.. For them if u kno what i mean..