Got a GNX style dash? Let's see em..

I use to sell them.
I also had the console done to.
IMG_9484.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

Whoa! A cup holder in a GN! I like it! That's the only thing GM dropped the ball on. Well...besides the Powermaster, the paint, the power antenna..... :rolleyes:

Isn't that car in the for sale thread? Someone mentioned that those cup holders get hidden by the dash.

Yes. The car is for sale. My friend who did the console for me put the cup holders in not knowing they would get hidden under the dash.

Does anyone know how to convert from a digital dash to an analog gauge cluster? My digital is dead and I want to change over instead of going back to that weak old setup.

Stock analog dash? or a GNX style like the one here. To go toa stock dash its alot of work you may be able to make an adaptor but you would need a 2nd under dash hrness from a car. to do the GNX style like here the conectores are the same on there dash just wired difrent so you would have to follow the wiring diagram for the digital dash.

I was actually wanting to use aftermarket gauges and make an adapter plate for them to rest in. If thats what you mean by GNX "style", yeah, thats what I want to do.

I keep thinking I read somewhere in the past that the digital dash and analog (factory) dash required different inputs for certain functions. If this is correct, does it mean that I need different sensors or adaptions from the harness or will aftermarket analog gauges just use the same wires/connectors that plug to the back of the old digital dash?

I realize that if I use aftermarket gauges I will need to do some splicing but I before I got started I wondered if that was all that would be required or would I need different sensors or sending units or something. I also like the job that Turbo1dr did with the factory Lesabre dash conversion.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/how-tos/328909-late-model-lesabre-gauges-turbo-regal.html

Any knowledge is appreciated.

Only splicing needed is for the VSS and cruz. Other then that the connector is the same it is pinned out different, but the same. Just use the wiring diagram for the digital dash, as for wiring you can use the stock wiring for the sensors but you don’t have to you can run new wires if you like. I think all I used was the fuel other than that you will use the brights, blinker cruz, check engine lights, and the power feed. The hardest part is wiring the VSS circuit just go to my website for that it tells you how to do it. There is also a drawing for the dash panel on there as well.

GNX dash

Here is mine. I still have plastic film on bezel. notice the placement of the alky light on the boost gauage. I may swap the voltage and fuel pressure gage.

Attachments

• IMG_3374.JPG
    IMG_3374.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 424
  • IMG_3376.JPG
    IMG_3376.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_3381.JPG
    IMG_3381.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_3382.JPG
    IMG_3382.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 371
Great pics those are the same style gauges that I'm going for. What color bulb do you have and any pics at night?

Here is mine. I still have plastic film on bezel. notice the placement of the alky light on the boost gauage. I may swap the voltage and fuel pressure gage.
Looks great. I have phantom gauges in my car to. Does someone sell the cluster you have without the gauges? Meaning the clear plastic and the surround?

Hey Tony,

Just saw your post & pics of your GNX Gauge Panel,
Finally got it installed.........
Wow.....looks GREAT!

I know from first hand experience that this is not an easy task. You must be very happy to finish this project.

IMHO the original style GNX dash set up is the nicest looking of all.

Did you use Caspers "GNX" plug N play wiring harness or make up your own?

What do you think now that you've completed this project.....(not for the faint of heart). Can you tell us more about your experience.....was "the juice was worth the squeeze"?

dave

Looks great. I have phantom gauges in my car to. Does someone sell the cluster you have without the gauges? Meaning the clear plastic and the surround?
I purchased the set up from Paul at World of Motorworks. I did not purchase the gauges from him. You can purchase the pieces separately. Just do a Google search for World of Motorworks for his website, however, I would also do a search of World of Motorworks on here to read feedback.

Hey Tony,

Just saw your post & pics of your GNX Gauge Panel,
Finally got it installed.........
Wow.....looks GREAT!

I know from first hand experience that this is not an easy task. You must be very happy to finish this project.

IMHO the original style GNX dash set up is the nicest looking of all.

Did you use Caspers "GNX" plug N play wiring harness or make up your own?

What do you think now that you've completed this project.....(not for the faint of heart). Can you tell us more about your experience.....was "the juice was worth the squeeze"?

dave
Hi Dave, without help from guys like you this would have been a much more difficult project. Thank you! I did used the Caspers plug-n-play harness. It does take patience with a lot of fitting and modifying of the guage plate and bezel. If you like tinkering and have patience, then this is a project for you. Using the autometer gauges instead of the SW gauges you need to purchase additional Caspers electronics like the VSS sender and tach modules. I followed Earl's (681tonburb) post on installing a GNX dash which was a big help. Thank you Earl!. The finished product is what I was looking for with the matching 3 gauge pod so I am pleased. The cost ("the juice") was alot but this is my hobby and I had a vision of what I wanted the dash to look like so I am happy with the "squeeze". My car is mostly a show car but with my new stroker engine and 6765 DBB turbo I shouldn't have any trouble hangin' with the 10 sec cars at the track. I still have some more tweeking to do but hope to have it ready by Spring.
Tony