Got a carb turbo torn apart and

Could pull some bumper fillers off

You are a mind reader... you know us 78-80 guys need rear fillers:biggrin: Since GM made them out of mud:rolleyes: If you can find a good pair of rear fillers and the trim for the back window, I need those... that`s just for starters:D I don`t have any spare cash now, but when I finally start getting paid at work I will(when you first start working at AZ, they don`t pay you for two fkin weeks):rolleyes:

You are a mind reader... you know us 78-80 guys need rear fillers:biggrin: Since GM made them out of mud:rolleyes: If you can find a good pair of rear fillers and the trim for the back window, I need those... that`s just for starters:D I don`t have any spare cash now, but when I finally start getting paid at work I will(when you first start working at AZ, they don`t pay you for two fkin weeks):rolleyes:

You got a job working for the wally world of auto parts?:eek: Very sorry but welcome to the club.:biggrin:

You got a job working for the wally world of auto parts?:eek: Very sorry but welcome to the club.:biggrin:

LOL... Yeah, I`m a hub driver, so I don`t have to deal with people that much:biggrin: Driving all over the state sucks, dealing with idiot drivers that can`t drive and people in MI drive like NASCAR drivers... 70-100mph and you can`t go over 80 in the work van or you WILL get fired:mad:

Well I drove to the track today and got a feel of the place. Track was poorly preped, so I'll need a set of sticky tires for sure. Besides that, a set of gears, line lock and my alky kit would help. Be able to run 13 PSI or so.

There was a nice GN there that ran 11.83. There was a long line there, 75 plus cars, and I would have waited an hour in line, got 2 passes in if I was lucky, not to mention I was unprepared. Ill be ready to get to the track next spring.

Any suggestions on an alky tank? I have looked at using the overflow tank like some do, but dont want to run the hoses across the core support. I want something that goes on the left fender. Had a tank off a 93 pontiac GP, but it was just too wierd of shape to use.

Off hand I'd say look in the thermostat section at your store. There are a few tanks for radiator over flow that should work and they're generic.

Ran to the salvage yard today. Got a aluminum core support out of a 79 GP, a window washer tank out of a Park Avenue that fits PERFECT, and a vacuume solenoid to control my PEVR. The tank fits just between the inner fender and my air filter and goes from the inner fender right up to an inch below the fenderline. It even has a light to say when it is low! :cool:

picture-1035.jpg

picture-1038.jpg

Jeeps sanded out better too.
picture-1037.jpg

Stuck my alky tank in and took a picture. Need to get around to ordering a switch and some nozzels and Im alky-ready.

I've been trying to find a different tank to mount somewhere else besides right behind the headlight blocking the cool air. I might try getting one of these tanks and see if I like it. Is there any room on the drivers side to mount it? WHat did you decide to use for brackets to keep it in place?

You are gonna like that car a lot more when the washer fluid hits:cool: Mine comes on 6-7 psi. It's seamless.

There really isnt much room on the passenger side. The battery is right in the way. And behind the battery the inner fender rises up too much. Need a flatish one. I plan on getting a piece of 1" by 1" chunk of angle iron and bolting it to the inner fender, then just poping 2 screws into the angle through the little tab

It looks like it will only take $40 to set up the rest of my kit. But winter is coming, so I dont know if Ill get around to testing it. For some reason with this 40 degree weather the turbo seems to spool a lot slower.

Ran to the salvage yard today. Got a aluminum core support out of a 79 GP, a window washer tank out of a Park Avenue that fits PERFECT, and a vacuume solenoid to control my PEVR. The tank fits just between the inner fender and my air filter and goes from the inner fender right up to an inch below the fenderline. It even has a light to say when it is low! :cool:
Jeeps sanded out better too.
picture-1037.jpg

it still looks like you have a low spot, but it could just be the way the pic was taken. over all looks good. i like how you put the washer tank.

Painted the Yeep this afternoon. Paint went on like water and left a bunch of runs in the quarter and door, so Ill end up sanding and respraying. It went on nice around the windsheild, fender, and fender flare, but looks like junk on the quarter. Followed the 8 parts paint, 2 parts reducer, 1 part catalyst but was as thin as could be. Covered nice, but wouldnt stick.

Im lookin forward to getting the alky hooked up, but all my time has been funneled toward the Yeep.

Whats the overall consensus of alky mixture? 100% Ethanol, 50/50 Ethanol/Water? I know Rich Says 50/50, but most intercooled guys run pure methanol.

I'm doing ok on -20 peak washer fluid. I look at it this way. NO WAY is the washer fluid going to ruin the washer pump. I've read that methanol eats plastic and rubber. I could be wrong, but I'm not going to bother with methanol unless I build a new junkyard alky kit with a progressive controller. I have too many irons in the fire right now to spend the time and money building it.

I'm running 22lbs on a basically stock motor and a little timing. I just threw that kit together cuz I had all the parts sitting around and to prove you don't need to spend money to have lots of boost. My next step will be to build a 30 dollar progressive controller and show it off after my car is finished. There's gonna be some flaming for that move I'm sure:rolleyes:

Painted the Yeep this afternoon. Paint went on like water and left a bunch of runs in the quarter and door, so Ill end up sanding and respraying. It went on nice around the windsheild, fender, and fender flare, but looks like junk on the quarter. Followed the 8 parts paint, 2 parts reducer, 1 part catalyst but was as thin as could be. Covered nice, but wouldnt stick.

Im lookin forward to getting the alky hooked up, but all my time has been funneled toward the Yeep.

Whats the overall consensus of alky mixture? 100% Ethanol, 50/50 Ethanol/Water? I know Rich Says 50/50, but most intercooled guys run pure methanol.

what tempture was it when you sprayed? you dont have to cover the whole thing in just one pass.two medium wet passes is all you need.

It was too cold, ill admit it. 45 degrees. I realized when I glanced at my tip I had on the gun it was a 1.7, didnt use my 1.5. Between that, and my overthinning the paint I think thats where it came from.

It was too cold, ill admit it. 45 degrees. I realized when I glanced at my tip I had on the gun it was a 1.7, didnt use my 1.5. Between that, and my overthinning the paint I think thats where it came from.

a 1.7 tip should be ok if you were using a 2.0 then there is issues. its single stage right so a 1.7 tip is going to be better. dont paint in the cold what happens most of the time ( base coat/clear coat mostly) is that it blushes. if its not to bad of runs you can wet sand it with 1000 and buff it. pick up your gun speed most of the time its the painter not the paint. i'm not trying to be mean or rude. but there are a few guys who over thin there paint to do color matches. they do a step down method. i dont do it like that it takes to long but there are a few who do.