Good stall

MAXSIX

http://i574.photobucket.c
I have a stage 2 (274)with 76 turbo,PTC t/c. witch stall i need?

Do you already have a converter or are you needing one?

Need more info.

Shift rpm, et goal, raceweight, rear gear ratio, tire size, conventional or Stage 2 heads.

shift point 7000rpm,race weight 3645pounds,gear ratio 3.42,tire size 28 inchs,transmission th 400 with ptc,heads are GN1R.launch at 15psi 5100 rpm i think i should be lower in rpm.On top 1400rpm drop is exellent.

Sounds like it could actually be loosened a little with that much rpm drop.

Is the car running at the power level you intend to stay at or will you be putting more power to it? If you plan to put more power to it, I'd wait on a restall to see just how much drop you get with the extra power applied to the converter.

i will rise boost but i'm concern about the launch i think ishould be between 4000to 5000 i think to loose power on bottom?

I agree with you,iwill send it to you to tightin up on bottom.

I'd be looking at your wastegate arrangement 1st. You should have no issues with getting more boost at that rpm level.

Are you using a boost controller to hold the gate closed at launch? On the Stage 2 car with an 88 that I tune locally we have no issues getting enough boost for 1.32-1.34 60's on a 275/60 radial by leaving at 4800 rpm and it only drops 1000 at the gear change so it's actually looser than yours.

answer

I'd be looking at your wastegate arrangement 1st. You should have no issues with getting more boost at that rpm level.

Are you using a boost controller to hold the gate closed at launch? On the Stage 2 car with an 88 that I tune locally we have no issues getting enough boost for 1.32-1.34 60's on a 275/60 radial by leaving at 4800 rpm and it only drops 1000 at the gear change so it's actually looser than yours.

Yes i use MSC controller and i launch at 15PSI.My turbo is 76 and run 23-24PSI only because my i/c is not efficient enough.Soon i will buy the big boy from Jack.
With my old cpt my 60 foot was 1.38,since i put the PTC my 60 foots rise to 1.47 with some tuning and lot more timing i lower my 60 foots to 1.42 that is why i need your help.thanks

Do you have rpm data to compare this PTC to the old converter? I'm guessing you need to be looser rather than tighter.

You definately need to be looser at the gear change.

answer

Do you have rpm data to compare this PTC to the old converter? I'm guessing you need to be looser rather than tighter.

You definately need to be looser at the gear change.

unfortunatly i got my laptop steal and lost every data.Looser a bit on top and tighter on bottom.What do you think?

unfortunatly i got my laptop steal and lost every data.Looser a bit on top and tighter on bottom.What do you think?

I think it just needs loosening 400-600 everywhere.

I would have wanted to see how rpm/boost compared to the old set-up. Tigtening it up down low will only slow down the spool-up.

I think it just needs loosening 400-600 everywhere.

I would have wanted to see how rpm/boost compared to the old set-up. Tigtening it up down low will only slow down the spool-up.

You really think I should loosening on bottom ? I have no problem to spool and dont have stages limiter.

You really think I should loosening on bottom ? I have no problem to spool and dont have stages limiter.

Tightening the bottom can possibly build more boost at a given rpm but looser will let the rpm flash higher at the release of the transbrake. This extra rpm allows the boost to come in quicker without hitting the tires too hard. Generally you can build as much launch boost as you need with a loose converter and bring the boost in quicker without worry about wheelspin. I've never had anyone who's 60 foot times were slower because the converter was too loose. It's usually the boost controller needs some tuning to optimise the power.

Tightening the bottom can possibly build more boost at a given rpm but looser will let the rpm flash higher at the release of the transbrake. This extra rpm allows the boost to come in quicker without hitting the tires too hard. Generally you can build as much launch boost as you need with a loose converter and bring the boost in quicker without worry about wheelspin. I've never had anyone who's 60 foot times were slower because the converter was too loose. It's usually the boost controller needs some tuning to optimise the power.

Ok Dusty I will change my i/c for much bigger and rise boost and let see what happen.what can i do with my boost controller?

Ok Dusty I will change my i/c for much bigger and rise boost and let see what happen.what can i do with my boost controller?

How fast do you have the boost coming in? Launching at 15psi should get you a better 60' than 1.40's. We can leave at 10psi at 4600 and go 1.34 with a converter looser than yours with a 88mm.

How long does it take to ramp from 15psi to 23-24psi.

How fast do you have the boost coming in? Launching at 15psi should get you a better 60' than 1.40's. We can leave at 10psi at 4600 and go 1.34 with a converter looser than yours with a 88mm.

How long does it take to ramp from 15psi to 23-24psi.

I sent by e-mail the program of my car and few new pass record.