Good fuel pressure?

WOOSHH

What's a good fuel pressure to run for a 87 GN with stock turbo,injectors,Red Armstrong XP pump,93 chip, ATR 3in down pipe and adjustable wastegate.Right now I'm running 17 pds of boost and detonating in 4th gear with 40 psi's of fuel pressure w/ vacumn connected.I'm fine in all other gears with less than 3 degrees of knock on my Scanmaster,but am seeing as high as 10 degrees at WOT IN 4th gear. I have an old Kenne Bell article that recommends using 104 octane booster for WOT throttle in 4th gear.I'm going to try this next but not sure if I should raise the fuel pressure also.I have Turbo Link software and they say start w/ 40-43 w/vacumn disconected for 17 pds of boost.How high do I need to go with this combo? Does 104 really raise the octane that much? I know I'm looking for a magic pill but I don't want to experiment too much with that kind of knock at WOT.I have 12,500 orig. miles on the motor and would like to keep it that way without blowing it up.Kenne Bell says to use 104 if you plan to do any racing,everytime I get in it I want to be able to get on it and not worry. Thanks

Octane booster is a waste of money and all it does is coat your plugs and O2 sensor with a nice rusty orange color...it will only raise octane by .4 points...useless...I suspect your problem is not enough octane...17 PSI boost is usually too much for the crappy pump gas we get nowadays...it does also depend on the timing in the chip...I would put some 100 unleaded in there and see what happens...

your base fuel pressure should be 43 with line off
at boost you should see 1 pond increase for every pound of boost
for 17# boost you should see 60# fuel pressure , if not dont go wot till you find out why .
if you are at the track and getting KR try higher fuel pressure and see if it helps, tune for no kr not 3 degrees.
anotherthing dont go wot in 4th , it puts a lot of load on the car and there should be no reason for 4th unless your running 120+(maybe more), if your trans is locking the converter it puts a lot of strain on the converter as well

oh and forget what kenne says , if you are running reds chip you should be talking to him .
and find out what timing your running before your 12,500mile car becomes a 12,500mi car on its second motor

Thanks-I was getting the knock at WOT IN 4th gear and holding it there for a little while.So I guess at the track these cars don't see 4th gear.