Going to arrange a Tuning Session with Cal Hartline in the Quad Cities, who's interested?

jdpolzin

We have three cars and have room for three more. There's no set date and I'll need to get ahold of Cal once we have the cars lined up for sure. Who is interested? There's a dyno we can use in Moline, IL. ----Jeremy

Interested but depends on date.. what is the cost if you get the 6 spots filled Jer?

Its going to depend on flights and cost of the dyno. I'm just now puting this together. MDavis, I would contact him via PM and see if he does stock ECM tunes if I was you.

Bo, it would be up to you to talk with Cal on what he tunes. I'm sure he'll answer if you PM him. Or maybe he will chime in on this thread. It would be nice to see the TTA put down some numbers! ----Jeremy

I'll be honest, the sd2 stuff is basic enough that it probably is not worth the cost to have me do it.
It generally takes me two hours per car. This includes cold start and hot start, idle, drivability, and WOT tuning and upgrading software, etc.. Because of this, it is difficult to do more than 5 cars/day unless the dyno is flexible with their hours.
My schedule is getting pretty full, please let me know as soon a you can if this happens, and thank you for considering my tuning.

I'll be honest, the sd2 stuff is basic enough that it probably is not worth the cost to have me do it.
It generally takes me two hours per car. This includes cold start and hot start, idle, drivability, and WOT tuning and upgrading software, etc.. Because of this, it is difficult to do more than 5 cars/day unless the dyno is flexible with their hours.
My schedule is getting pretty full, please let me know as soon a you can if this happens, and thank you for considering my tuning.

Are you meaning this is beneficial to XFI only? I'd like to be there if possible but run stock ECM with TT chip.

I believe what Cal is saying is that for the price you'd pay him, it's not worth it for a guy with a simple stock ECM set up. The stand alone management systems are much more complex with many graphs and logs to go through to get a good tune. For a guy with a stock ECM, most of the hard work is already done within the chip.

Ok that makes sense. If this happens and my car is running I'll come over and watch since I'll be running the stock ECM. Should be a good time.

I'm not sure what you're asking. If you buy the xfi from me. It will come with a custom tune loaded in it specifically for your application.

When I travel, I don't usually bring tools. Installation is pretty straight forward and not really worth paying me to do it. The hardest parts are welding a bung on the downpipe for the WBO2 and relocating the IAT sensor. I have had customers do the install but leave the stock computer in place. Then drive it to dyno, swap over and have me tune it

I think if a guy was on the fence about going XFI and had a chance to get one, install it like you said and have you tune it would be a no brainer. I hope you guy's get this deal put together. Even though I probably won't have my car tuned do to no XFI, I would love to come watch.

Benn saying this for years. Those that spend big money in their car building a nice motor and cheap out on the tuning lose out large. Best investment I ever made is to have Cal work his magic and load the bullets in your gun. Worth every penny and then some. DON"T MISS THE OPPORTUNITY!!!!

It's funny how some people have the money to rebuild once they mess it up, but not have the money to tune it once and enjoy it......