Going fast with a cat

I've found that if you pick one up, stroke it's fur the wrong way (back to front) a few times, it really pisses them off.

As soon as you set their feet back on the ground, they'll run away so fast, they'll get stopped in Mexico for speeding.

That's a fast runnin' cat!

I've never taken it to the track but I have a 3" cat that came with my thdp from Modern Muscle back in 99 or so, and when I put it on I don't lose any boost at all (when in low 12 tune) and the seat-dyno :)-)) feels the same. I had a "high flow" 2.5" cat from Kirbans that used to drop the boost 3-4 psi (when in 12.70 tune), so this one is much, much better.

Trying to do my part and stay legal. :rolleyes:

I experienced the same results as in 12 second tune. Felt the same however as I turned it up..... A buddy of mine and I both went to the track and it appeared we reached a point where we hit a wall on both of our cars and couldn't go faster. Different cars but both running a 3" cat. We both went mid to high 11's. I went 117ish mph, he went 116ish. I'm going to experiment and pull the cat off and see the difference it makes when it stops raining.

It's bad enough to see an officer with a radar gunning pointing at you. Now they have guns that measure exhaust as you drive by. :mad:

It's bad enough to see an officer with a radar gunning pointing at you. Now they have guns that measure exhaust as you drive by. :mad:

You're kidding right???? Or are you saying cops can now tell if you have a cat or if your cat is working properly by aiming a gun at the exhaust....????

Please tell me more on how this works.

emssions

Hi,
I am happy some of you guys are concerned about emissions.I certainly am.
Our cars have the ability to be among the cleanest vehicles out there. That said, I think you will never get a better Catalyst than the stocker,which unfortuneatly is a 2.5 incher. My exhaust is 2.5 all the way back,should be good for low 12s, anyway. Thanks for your thoughts on this!

Yes. They zap you like holding a radar gun. Cancer starts in Ca and spreads towards to guys.... Although I have not seen it personally, this is enough of a scare to make me go legal. 11 second legal so far.... :wink: