GNX Wheels

Night_train01

I have the opportunity to buy a set of GNX rims, is there any marks on the rims that ensures what I am looking at is authentic? The centers do have the GNX logo on them. I just want to make sure its legit before handing over any cash.

I have the opportunity to buy a set of GNX rims, is there any marks on the rims that ensures what I am looking at is authentic? The centers do have the GNX logo on them. I just want to make sure its legit before handing over any cash.

The backs of the rims are marked with the offsets. They are different front and back. The front is marked -15 and the rear are marked -23.

Not that you would tear them off to look but apparently under the gnx logo on the center caps is a Pontiac logo or something like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Most of the repros seem to be powder coated black in the centers and even the inner hoop. Original wheels are only painted on the front side of the webbing not the back and have their offsets stamped in them -15 and -23 like stated above. You can also look for the date code on the back of the webbing witch should be 87 (round mark with a line between the 8 and 7 on mine). Look for dimpels at the end of the spokes since that's a dead giveaway that their not real and also look for offset 00 witch would be Trans am fronts.

Compare them to the set Kirban has for sale. I'm sure he'd help you. Then buy his if the others don't pan out :)

Thanks for the replys, when I asked the seller to show me the markings on the back of the rims he admitted they were TA rims.
Thanks for everyones help, I just saved a bunch of money

Depending on price and what your intensions are they might still be worth it if they are re offset to GNX specs. The re offset wheels are the way to go if you just want the look since you wont break the bank to get them and you wont freak out if one should happen to get damaged.

I have a real set of GNX wheels....with proof I plan to auction them off at my open house as long as the starting bid $2700 is met. The real deal markings are on the back...no curb rash at all the aluminum is cloudy but they are untouched.

comes with new lug nuts etc....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

The set Kirban had sold yesterday at his open house.