GNX wheels or similar

black87Ttype

What is the best way to get the GNX style wheels ? I see that Kirban sells some as well as Ebay. Are they the same wheel? I would like a 8 inch for front and 1o for rear. Has anyone done that ? If so what is the tire size ?
Has anyone found a similar style in a 17 or 18 inch as another option?

ebay and kirbans are same wheel , they are a reproduction of the 88-92 pontiac gta 16x8 dimple spoke 1 pc rim , were offsets differently for front and rear on the gta and marked on back front only or rear only .
the front only rim fit without spacers on the gn with 245/50-16 tires mounted either in the front or the rear . mounted on the rear they may hit the frame you if run 255/50-16 on the rear (bfg gforce or the mickey thompson ET street drag radial) so you may need a thin spacer to prevent rub
the rear off set rims also fit the GN but youd need at least a 5/16 spacer to use in the front and to use on rear youd need an inch or more so adapters or long studs and thick spacers

the non dimpled gta were 85-87 and have same spoke as the gnx but the only source for those is used or reconditioned from old cores

Last edited:
not sure what you're looking at but it shows "Out Of Stock!" and has been for a while now

Wow, they must not have got many in then. My brother had 4 shipped up from them about a month ago.
Just for information, a rep from Classic told me that the out of stock label shows on the web catalog when the warehouse is out of stock, but they can be ordered still at any time. Doesn't make sense from a business standpoint in my opinion..but he assured me they're available.

Last edited:
Depends on what your budget is. Gbodyparts can make different sizes with the correct offsets. I had mine made by true design wheel using four front gta wheels with the proper dimple design and the rears are offset to gnx specs you can't tell the difference other than these have a nice polish compared to the gnx. When I put my we4 beside the gnx the figment is the same

So, can one buy the correct offset from either of the two links above (ebay or classic industries) so that spacers are not needed. ?

I doubt Classic Industries or Jegs can provide custom wheels but you can always ask. I have the old style Kirban wheels and the back space, measured as best I can, is 3 3/4". So the tire stays further from the frame than it would with the Classic wheel which is 4 3/4". Plus I have fender flares so it fills out the fender well better. After seeing the above links I was tempted to get new wheels but now I think I will just get mine restored. It costs $150/wheel to restore them but I like the back space better on Kirban's wheel. Also, the author of the gnx.com website said the Classic wheel rubbed his frame. I assume he meant the tire rubbed.

Last edited:
I asked Classic Industries if they were in stock and they are not. Here is the reply.
Thank you for your inquiry. Pertaining to your question regarding 10104410, this is what I have been able to determine. Unfortunately at this time theses wheels are being re-tooled. What that means is that the manufactures is currently still in the making process of this wheel. That being said there is no exact ETA as to when we might get our first order. I do apologize for the inconvenience. As for shipping it is calculated with your address and the actual dimensions and weight of the box itself.

Have a great day!

We strive to offer great service, so if we can be instrumental in assisting you with anything, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you for choosing Classic Industries as your parts supplier.

Sincerely,

Alejandro Anaya

Tech Support

Aanaya@classicindustries.com

714.847.6887 Local or Foreign

800.854.1280 Toll Free

www.classicindustries.com

18460 Gothard Street

Huntington Beach, CA 92648