GNX Wheels on eBay?

In addition to Off-15 and Front Only

GNX243,

Is the "-15" stamped or bossed on the rear of your front wheel?

Notice in his pictures the offset is stamped in, but the "OFF" is bossed. I have a loose set of rear GTAs in my garage. On one wheel, the offset is bossed. On the other, there's a small bossed square after "OFF" and the offset is stamped into the bossed square.

I'd imagine all real GNX wheels would be the same. I just don't know how they did it.

GNX243;

I agree, good point. Bottom line is look at the merchandise or have someone with the knowledge do it for you.

Wheel Marking

Dear Stickybones,

Yes, the word "Offset" is cast into the casting and is higher and clearer. It looks like someone with a punch put the 15 in the rim. Perhaps this was done so they could weld the webing into any wheel.
I will take off the other front wheel for cleaning tomorrow and try to get a good picture. All I can say is that the rear wheel was clean and the front filthy (I drive my car occassionally). From now on I will just stick my foot out the door to stop the car or use the emergency brake. It is a pain to clean them.

GNX243;

Were these wheels made in Japan? The numbers you gave, are those the casting numbers/part numbers? Suprised to see Japan on them, but maybe I shouldn't be suprised.
Thank you for the information, lot of guys wouldn't go to the trouble of removing the wheels for this.

Contacting eBay is a waste of time. But, I thought I would give it a try. Here is the response I received from them:

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to possible fraud and/or
misrepresentation involving item 300066821812.

Please be assured that we take reports of fraud on our site very
seriously, as well as intentional misrepresentation. However, as you
know, eBay does not have firsthand knowledge of the items that sellers
list on our site. For this reason, we can't guarantee the accuracy of
the listing information. Normally, to report this kind of activity, you
may use the new "Report this item" link at the bottom of every eBay
listing, under ?What else can you do??.

If the winning bidder does encounter problems with their purchase, eBay
offers them several Buyer Protection Programs and process to help make
the buying process safe and worry-free. Please take a few moments to
review the following page for more details:

About Buyer Protection Programs

Thank you for being a valuable member of the eBay community.

Sincerely,

Darell
eBay Motors Customer Support

You Asked For It

Stickybones,
You got it (pix of offset-front wheel). By the way Tony, another responder did say that wheel was made in JAPAN.

Attachments

• bsebell 013.jpg
    bsebell 013.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 268
OK, thank you. Like I said, doesn't surprise me.
Reminds me of the 89 Corvette I use to have. The AC comressor clutch bearing went out. On the older style, made in America, the clutch assembly was less than $20.00. But, because the unit was made in Japan and came as an assembly to include the bearing, which was metric, the cost was
$300.00.

Thanks again for the information.

The GTA wheels are made in Japan. The word Japan as well as 8JJx16 and OFF is identical on GTA and GNX wheels exept the GTA wheel has the OFF 00 (zero offset on the fronts) all in raised letters not stamped like the GNX.

The GTA wheels are made in Japan. The word Japan as well as 8JJx16 and OFF is identical on GTA and GNX wheels exept the GTA wheel has the OFF 00 (zero offset on the fronts) all in raised letters not stamped like the GNX.

Great, thanks for the info:smile:

Guys,
EBAY seldom does anything with individuals that get away with "misleading" auctions. Remember...EBAY is getting PAID to help these individuals SELL their goods. Here is a REAL example: I nearly bid on an 87 gn listed as, "Done a recent CARFAX with no issues" I did a CARFAX myself and guess what. This GN with 68K "original" miles had two odometer rollback alerts. I alerted EBAY and they responded that they investigated and found no problem with the "wording" of the listing. I assume EBAY meant that the guy had "no issues" running the CARFAX, not that it came back with with rollback issues. I myself had "no issues" running the carfax as a 6 year old can use a computer. Meantime some unsuspecting bidder that does not subscribe to CARFAX took the listing at face value and paid over 13K for a misrepresented car. Where is the buyer protection? EBAY should require sellers to post actual car reports or allow buyers to view them, local reputable dealers do this everyday.