GNX wheels and offset

Wld87GN

I tried searching for this answer and found a shitload of threads and comments but became frustrated when I did not find the specific answer to my question.

Why would a GN owner want to buy GNX style wheels but NOT purchase with the offset or deep dish look for the staggered look of the GNX?

Am I asking this correctly? I would assume everyone would want the rear wheels to have the deeper dish than the fronts. Am I wrong? Crazy?

Tire rotation for one thing. If you're referring to using GTA wheels, 4 fronts fit fine and you can rotate your tires so you get even wear if they're all the same size.;)

Tire rotation for one thing. If you're referring to using GTA wheels, 4 fronts fit fine and you can rotate your tires so you get even wear if they're all the same size.;)

Okay, I get the tire rotation thing, but IF this is not a concern, then four fronts would only produce the look of four wheels without any stagger. I guess my point is that I am starting to look at wheel options and I am not too interested in spending $2500 for the ones that I really like so GNX wheels are a nice alternative but I want that staggered stance.

Subscribed. ...and I'm all for having deeper wheels on the rear,also. DR's will be on the rear. No rotating tires here. Plus I'm set on the GNX style also.

Okay, I have read a little more and I believe that I may have been confused and since there is a whole thread dedicated to the GTA wheels in the wheels and tires section... I am going to respond there. However, since highmileage subscribed I will add something I just learned.

The wheels that came on the GTA were a little strange. The fronts actually had the deeper dish, while the rears were a little more shallow... I realize that this is odd, and I did not believe it either, but I went over my friends house who has a GTA and I confirmed this is true. The way the car sits and the way the tires bulge you do not notice the inverted stagger on that car, but I feel as though it would look like shit on a GN.

Which explains why the recommendation was to use 4 fronts, this way there is no need to use a spacer. I completely get it now and I am of the belief that I will purchase a set of custom GTA wheels will be four fronts, with the rears having an additional 1" or 1 1/2" added for wider tires in the back.

Let's be honest... this car looks plain old SICK!

img_5121-jpg.198595

I was going to mention the Wheels and Tires section,but this section gets the most action. I'll be looking for your post in Wheels and Tires.

One thing I do not want to do is notch the frame or roll the fenders.

GNX type wheels front and rear with the widest DR's I can put on there without cutting.

The pic: That is sort of the look that I want,but not as drastic.

I've got stock wheels now that are not as nice as I'd like them to be. Plus my front tires are too old....and I'm not buying new ones if I'm gonna change to 16in GNX wheels.

I'll be looking...

Without going into detail the base vehicle was modified in the front and the rear to fit the new tire and wheel for the GNX. These modification allow for proper jounce and rebound movement in the suspension without hitting the tires.

Without going into detail the base vehicle was modified in the front and the rear to fit the new tire and wheel for the GNX. These modification allow for proper jounce and rebound movement in the suspension without hitting the tires.

I'm good with that! Thanks.

I'm good with that! Thanks.
He should know...he built them.
I believe the offsets were -15 and -23...
To find original GNX wheels is very expensive. I actually found my first T type and it had the correct rims. I did not realize how much they were worth and neither did the seller. I coulda bought the car...sold the rims...and got most of my $$$ back.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app