GNX water cooled Prototype turbo???

Side by side

Does anyone have a side by side pic of the housings, I had thought they were they same also. I thought the only way to tell was the contamination trap and the number tag's having XXX in the number.
This is what is posted on GNX.com

Turbo- a modified T-3 turbo was used with a ceramic impeller wheel, which provides a lighter rotating assembly for quick spool-up and more efficient operation at higher boost. This led to concerns that rough (factory) wire-feed header welds might dislodge under stress and shatter the ceramic turbine wheel. They addressed this fear with a contamination trap on the turbine wheel which is unique to the GNX turbo. It looks like a "bump" on the exhaust side. Replacement GNX turbos DO NOT have the ceramic wheel, so be careful with your original.

The compressor A/R remains .60 and the turbo is equipped with an adjustable wastegate. The stock turbo cover was swapped out for a more attractive unit. Prototypes said "Buick Turbo" while the production units simply said "GNX".

It did not sell.....interesting!!!

That is the real deal, I had two of the that I got from Mclaren, The X in the part number is an experimental unit form Garrett, I spoke to a guy there to confirm. I sold them to John Dagata from Bowling Greeen Customs many years ago, I see this auction is in Ga where he is/was. If you check the feedback from other items sold it sure appears to be him, name John, mentions BGC by name, etc
Mike Licht