GNX turbo for sale.

turbogray

I have a low mileage GNX turbo for sale in excellent condition, no chips or cracks anywhere in the inlet or exhaust impellers sold as is, turbo has very little play up and down and in and out but does not touch the housing, it spins very nice and smoothly, this turbo came off a 33k mile GNX that was driven only on weekend sadly car is totaled and gone now, also have the original Transmission with the convertor if anyone is interested..asking $1,800 for turbo OBO and $1,200 for transmission with convertor OBO plus shipping, the transmission is in great shape and it shifted like a GNX trannie should..

PM me is interested..
thanks
Mr H.
IMG_20141112_135917~2[1].jpg
IMG_20141112_140037[1].jpg
IMG_20141112_135950[1].jpg
IMG_20141112_140115[1].jpg

Last edited:
The identification tag for what vehicle it came from has been removed!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20141112_135917~2[1].jpg
    IMG_20141112_135917~2[1].jpg
    413.4 KB · Views: 380
Yes.....documents can match turbo numbers back to a vin number .

The identification tag for what vehicle it came from has been removed!!!!!!
This was a factory GNX replacement turbo that's is why the tag is not present, these turbos have long been discontinued by GM and to find one is very rare.

Yes.....documents can match turbo numbers back to a vin number .

Besides the ID tag would the only other way to verify that turbo as being a GNX turbo be the turbine as that is/was the only difference from a GN turbo or are there other tell tale signs??

I didnt see the sediment trap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's probably an off the shelf GN replacement turbo not a genuine GNX turbo if it doesn't have the ID tag, or sediment trap?

If it has the correct turbine would it be considered a GNX turbo or does it have to have a sediment trap also?

I was wondering what that was. I knew it was different looking than my stock turbo, but didn't/don't know enough about the GNX specific turbo except that they have a ceramic turbine where as the rest of the turbo cars don't.

I'm not doubting, just trying to learn what the differences were.

I was told that I had a GNX turbo on the original motor that came with my car when I bought it.

Now I know that it isn't one for sure even though I had my doubts all along.

GLWS.

That's a real GNX turbo, the contamination trap is the protruding piece on the housing like a nose...

how is the transmission? Any pics?

Engine and trannie sold together, you are about a day too late, btw transmission was in great shape it had a recent stock rebuilt with heavy duty clutches used on the built nothing else was touched..