GNX turbo cover on ebay

I won it, GNX Repro Cover, it's in the mail...

I won the cover... one step at a time to convert my hard top GN into GNX... question how much money to dump into this or fix up GN and buy actual GNX, the challenge to do either one is exciting but time and money consuming... the idea of clong was fun at first, but to acquire all the details and stickers and then deal with the talk of using another GNX number less than 548, cuz all others are taken...

I liked my original idea, to go with GNX # 007, from the james bond movies.

It used to be that T2L and ASC sticker under hood were the kickers for real and fake but it seems real and fakes have them too... but real GNX's hold their value unlike all the cash stuck into GN Clone only to sell for less than money stuck into it... I do like the idea of having a drag/street/show car daily driven GNX (clone), period...

With the mods and combinations, it should look great and faster than REAL GNX. Yeah I could sell my house and buy a real GNX... but it isn't me... I like to live under the radar... yeah right in my dreams too, thanks for any input and if YOU ARE interested in parting with GNX parts, call Brett at 920.279.5466 and your name will never be revealed...

I HAVE NOT CLONE'd it yet!!! still working on engine and little things here and there since I bought in March 2008 for $6,000, the brakes, turbo and exhaust were the major issue, all fixed thus far...

I REALLY LIKE THE GN1PERFORMANCE EXHAUST,
3 INCH POLISHED STAINLESS STEEL DUAL EXHAUST WITH TEST PIPE... the converter looked like a clay class...

BTW driver side header --- cracked too, gotta get that fixed too...

busy summer.. working on remodelling the house too, started as painting only, THEN gutted bathroom, back hall and now the kitchen... now I know why I don't have a GNX... I need to sleep at night... will u buy a real GNX if I sleep in it???

I won the cover... one step at a time to convert my hard top GN into GNX... question how much money to dump into this or fix up GN and buy actual GNX, the challenge to do either one is exciting but time and money consuming... the idea of clong was fun at first, but to acquire all the details and stickers and then deal with the talk of using another GNX number less than 548, cuz all others are taken...

I liked my original idea, to go with GNX # 007, from the james bond movies.

It used to be that T2L and ASC sticker under hood were the kickers for real and fake but it seems real and fakes have them too... but real GNX's hold their value unlike all the cash stuck into GN Clone only to sell for less than money stuck into it... I do like the idea of having a drag/street/show car daily driven GNX (clone), period...

With the mods and combinations, it should look great and faster than REAL GNX. Yeah I could sell my house and buy a real GNX... but it isn't me... I like to live under the radar... yeah right in my dreams too, thanks for any input and if YOU ARE interested in parting with GNX parts, call Brett at 920.279.5466 and your name will never be revealed...

I HAVE NOT CLONE'd it yet!!! still working on engine and little things here and there since I bought in March 2008 for $6,000, the brakes, turbo and exhaust were the major issue, all fixed thus far...

I REALLY LIKE THE GN1PERFORMANCE EXHAUST,
3 INCH POLISHED STAINLESS STEEL DUAL EXHAUST WITH TEST PIPE... the converter looked like a clay class...

BTW driver side header --- cracked too, gotta get that fixed too...

busy summer.. working on remodelling the house too, started as painting only, THEN gutted bathroom, back hall and now the kitchen... now I know why I don't have a GNX... I need to sleep at night... will u buy a real GNX if I sleep in it???

Good for you that you won the GNX cover! :wink: I did bid on it a few times but let it go when the price began to soar...I'm in the same boat as you...I'd like to clone my GN into a GNX one day...and I just finished remodeling the whole house too!...:biggrin:...spent a lot on that!...you know when you begin but never know where and when it will end! :biggrin: There were times I thought it would never end, but we finally got it done and now, I have time again to play with my GN...
I would like to clone it like you, but I will not mind if it is not exact though...I just want the GNX look when the car is seen from a distance but I won't change the suspension and the dash. I do have the GNX rear axle cover and just won some original GNX emblems for the trunk and grille. I might get a horn button from Mark at TR Custom Parts 84-87 Turbo Regals, 94-6 Impala SS, 93-up F Body Cars, Olds G-Body Cars, Late Model Corvettes, S-10 Blazers but am still undecided about getting the GNX wheel flares. I definitely want the fender vents though and I think I'm going to get the fiberglass ones sold by Brian at GBodyParts.com Online ...

Well, that's it for now...

Good luck with your home renovations as well as you GNX clone project! ;)

Claude :)

P.S: I ordered the 3" dual s.s. exhaust system from GN!Performance, but haven't received it yet...;)

Sell the GN take that money plus what ever you will spend to clone & buy a real GNX . That way you will have a good future investment thats probably safer than the stock market. Right now with the soft car market I'm sure there are some deals out there. By the way unless you want some 6"7'' crazy pollock knocking your door down avoid choosing 176 # to copy lol

Real GNX prices are coming down but the mileage is going up, it seems the market wil be around 40-60k in miles by the time I am ready to buy or satisfy the itch to have one, who knows...

The clone option was second, modin' it was the real objective for being a daily driver, and once again I was little obcessive compulsive... the dash and suspension is the down side related to cost and naturally the paint is a huge difference from $2k and up, all in the DETAILS of any project.

If I buy the real GNX, then I live in another world, where it sits more than driven. I have my original GN that I bought when I was 22 years old when it had 153 miles, it is my baby, sick but, been with me since my youth... and now I am twice the age of my car. I purchased GN Hardtop to be a daily driver like a moped, and driven in rain... in Wisconsin weather, as long as there is no salt or bad weather... I guess the price of the GN with GNX turbo cover just increased in value with bolt on part... plus labor!

When I finish up my TNX and get my garage space back I intend on trying to make a Shield like that from scratch. But I didn't have the tools, space, or time for my current project so I used a needle file, a Dremel, and a die grinder on an original shield, works for me.

coated5.jpg

tnxshieldturbine1.jpg

I don't have the SKILLS for tooling and custom work anor do I have the shop

as for 176 #, I didn't get it at first, I was thinking 176 pound copy, WTF

" # " this after number means pounds,
I was thinking about some 6"7" pollack knocking on my door with a pile of 176 pound copy paper... duhhhh don't pick GNX plaque # 176, ahhh ding ding the light goes on, I get it, hahahahaha.

PS I won't be home when you come knocking, look for GNX Clone crusing the streets and highways of the US and Wisconsin, mostly East Coast

license plates GNX _ _ _ _, ummmm coming soon!

I want to see TNX in person when it is completed during the summer and get photos and video....[/QUOTE/ In years to come any GNX regardless of the miles will be valuable. If you get one with some miles on it wouldn't matter if it's driven some & enjoyed. Mine just turned 13,000 & I mainly just take it to local car shows & yeah I'm extremely paranoid about something happening to it.

I was at car show and watched as spectators walked by a GNX, and as kids leaned in, I could see the owner gasp for air wondering if the door would be scratched, I don't like that stress... that isn't fun, better off leaving it at home... now I feel that way with my GN at car shows... why would I buy a real GNX, drive less, stress driving in fear of stones, and people wrecking it or scraping it by accident...

I wanted to have fun with the clone but maybe it is just too hard of a project today vs 10 years ago...

anyways, looking for dash, suspension and rear cover

Real GNX prices are coming down but the mileage is going up, it seems the market wil be around 40-60k in miles

Where have you seen any sell for $40k-$60k? Unless they have 100k+ miles I don't think you are going to find any at that price even in todays market. Those with Re-creations are being offered $40k.

The only reason GNX's are going for less then usual at this particular time is because the economy is suffering and people don't have the money. That will change like as it always does. When it does you are not going to find a GNX for anywhere near that price.

ok, I said 40 - 60 k IN MILES, NOT PRICE, I said by the time I am ready to buy a GNX, the market for miles will be about 40,000 to 60,000... I was not talking about what I would pay to buy it...

as for GNX covers or any muscle car stuff, or collectibles, price always goes up when they stop building it, why do you think viper and corvette are not holding value when the following year, the newer year, the car is better... but when they built the GN and GNX, 1987 was the year and the prices have shot up...

Joe you can build anything you want, but dash gauges wouyld be big plus right now, suspension help too... the reason I started to clone a GN was that I bought the car for a great price, will see what I have after $15-20,000, it is a hobby... may take some time, but trying to acquire parts now... it isn't cheap... but oh well.

repro GNX turbo cover going rate: $1200, Original: $2500, not turbo, but shield...

hard to find parts for clone, dash, suspension, rear axle cover...

I got dibs on NOS dash, # 487, any stalkers or keyboard gangsters reaqdy to pounce... going once...

going twice....