GNX style exhaust

YellowMurci

I need a GNX style exhaust to fit a GNX suspension that I have - what exhaust do you guys recommend? I am going to be upgrading the car mildly thanks Harry

According to the guys at GN1Performance their exhaust will fit a GNX right up to the tail pies which need to be modded to fit the GNX suspension. Call them and talk to them about how extensive the mods are.

Kirban is the only one I know that sells a kit that will fit with the GNX suspension. Thats the one I have on my car, I realy like the fact that they use the stock hanger location for the tail pipes like the factory systems did so you dont have the ugly hangers welded to the ends of the tailpipes like the ATR systems did.

only thing is that I just wish it was stainless but if it holds up like the Hooker system I had on the car before the suspension install I'll be happy:biggrin:

The other option you have if you have a good exhaust system that you like now and can weld or know a good muffler shop is to modify your existing tailpipes. I would have done this with mine but I needed the Hooker system for my T-type:rolleyes:

the tailpipes are WAY different for a GNX suspension,a kit that fits a GN normally will not work without big over the axle changes

I tried Kirban those exhausts are discontinued

Man, that sucks.

Hope you can find someone else that makes a kit for the GNX (let us know if you do) but if not and I was in your shoes I would get custom tailpipes made for a kit you can buy for a GN.

I'm glad I got my GNX suspension and exhaust when I did. I was putting it off for years because of the cost and would not have done it a month after I put my order in because of a $4000.00 escrow shortage for my mortgage draining my bank account:mad: but now It seems like I did it at just the right time since it looks like got the last ones made or very close to it.

If you can find someone in south florida that could make copy of mine I would not mind taking it off to use as a template since I would like to have one in stainless especially since they are no longer being made:frown:

Try calling finish line performance in Naperville il. They used to do custom bending when they were Muscle Tones. Im sure they still do.They used huth benders so they probably have the bend card or specs for what you need . good luck

Im gonna try my local exhaust guy see if he can figure something out - i guess i should install the suspension first then bring him the exhaust to see what he can do right??

Im gonna try my local exhaust guy see if he can figure something out - i guess i should install the suspension first then bring him the exhaust to see what he can do right??

give me a call and perhaps i can help you out-----i designed the kirban system along with the repo suspension-----before i did this i had a ATR system on the GNX that i drive often-----i never really liked it because it didn't look symmetrical from the rear and it didn't use the original hangers----thats why when i finally designed my own i went to a lot of effort to really get it right-----some were actually done in stainless-------its a long story but sometime i will explain it...........RC

give me a call and perhaps i can help you out-----i designed the kirban system along with the repo suspension-----before i did this i had a ATR system on the GNX that i drive often-----i never really liked it because it didn't look symmetrical from the rear and it didn't use the original hangers----thats why when i finally designed my own i went to a lot of effort to really get it right-----some were actually done in stainless-------its a long story but sometime i will explain it...........RC
RC do you still have exhaust systems that you would sell ?

you can contact pete hoffman as well for gnx suspension and exhaust , thats who i went to for my stainless 2.5" gnx exhaust

several years ago i turned all my fixtures, drawings and GNX related documents over to Pete Hoffman. He has been selling the items since He should be able to help you Call me if you have any problems RC