GNX at Mecum

nick19

#468 with 5000 or so miles going Sunday at 1:30, all docs incl book and jacket. lets hear some numbers guys, what will the selling price be?

I hope you can post the results when its over cuz I would love to know what it goes for!!

Mecum Auction...

They do a poor job of advertising that sale. Web site shows 14 buicks on auction, 1/2 of them on site have no descriptions. Wish I would have known that before, been interesting to go see it sell. I see they also have an 87 GN that was suppose to sell on Fri, and I know an 85 GN with 55K miles sold on Friday, anyone know what those brought? The 85 was on e-bay with a BIN of $6850 but said it needed new paint. I wonder if they got more than that after fees at the auction. Wish those two were not on Friday. Some of us have to work to pay for the toys !!!!

I asked why pics weren't posted the said owner didn't send any and only asked for it listed that way,not much they can do about it.

Being sold by the original owners estate. Reserve was 60K not a penny less. High bid was 55K or 57K. No window sticker or original purchase information.Had book and Jacket and owners manuals. It was not sold and went home.

I believe that if it was a feature car on Fri or Sat it would have brought over 80k,selling on Sun with not many cars left most of the buyers are done. Again just my opinion.

Was there anything...

at the sale, buick or non buick that made everyone go "WOW"! Either an unbelivable high or low price than what was expected?

Also any idea on the other two GN's that sold?

Thanks

Mecum results are posted on there site
wow some very high numbers imho and only 5o% sold
GNX was at a bad spot on sunday in a 2o line of cars not sold
gsx 6o,375 99,750 52,500 and one not sold 90,ooo also the 52,500 not sold
How about the old Yankee Pedder 1965 AFX Dodge selling for 787,5oo :eek:

GNX was a local car located near the auction , if it was shown Fri or Sat amongst the best, car would have bid much higher. Word has it that there was not enough info prior to listing. When I got mine there was a ton of info and pics

Buick GN values from Mecum

Top bid on GNX was $54K

1987 GN sold for $17850. Not sure of miles ect

1985 GN sold for $7500. That car had 55K miles and was on ebay for $6800 BIN.
Prices are with buyers fee's. Not sure what % fees they run. But this is probably a better guage on the sell side than ebay.