GNX #488 4 sale

Call Al and ask him if its had any previous body damage and see if he admits to it A car pulled out in front of him on 10th street in greatbend, and he hit it, he cant see very good anymore. The damage was both front fenders, frame horn bent, grill, bumper, and broken intercooler, i think it had a kenne bell ic. If you want info you can call Dee Dove Buick in Great bend and talk to Steve the service manager, thats where the car was fixed.

With that history I don't know about $50K. Definately muddies the waters to me. Although it is still a real X:cool:

With that history I don't know about $50K. Definately muddies the waters to me. Although it is still a real X:cool:

"If" I was in the position to buy a true X, the front end damage from a 96 year old man wouldnt scare me as bad as one that was beat to piss:cool:

I might have the original passenger side front fender flare from this car on my gnx clone. I bought it from a guy on ebay who said he worked for a Buick dealer and a GNX came in with front end damage. They put a new fender flare on it and he sold the original to me. I only paid around $20 for it. It's flexible, unlike the after market fiberglass ones.

About 2 yrs ago they had the engine out of it, burnt piston.

DAMN just spill ALL what you know and get it over with:biggrin: This isn't lets make a deal.

I better go call Les Hopkins and see if he knows this "old man" and his history LOL:p

GNX + 28,000 miles + crash history + motor trouble history = < 50k

A GNX has value because of it's rarity and originality. Once these things are gone, the premium price goes with them. In my opinion small price to pay to drive around one of, if not the, baddest ass production cars of all time for a few decades. But youhave to be willing to pay that price when the time comes, especially if you are selling in the worst economy in 70 years.

I think my last bit of interest just left :eek: For $50K anyway. Wonder what other surprises it has?

I am truely torn what to think about this GNX and its history....

50K is still too much, i remember when low mile ones were 34K and almost bought one, but decided i would spread it out a little and enjoy a bunch of cars..

BW

I am truely torn what to think about this GNX and its history....

50K is still too much, i remember when low mile ones were 34K and almost bought one, but decided i would spread it out a little and enjoy a bunch of cars..

BW

I am right there as well. I can't really put an honest value assessment on it. I may be wrong, but my gut tells me $35-$40K range if he is motivated to sell it. Taking into account the history the only thing I can equate it's value to is a higher mileage one. I have nothing else to base it's value on, but feel $50K is certainly too steep. However, if he finds a buyer who is oblivious and never does any research or comes on turbo buick he should meet his asking price or close to it. Either way the history is tarnished and will continue to hurt it's value down the road. All someone has to do is google it and this thread will turn up. I don't care how nice the car is the history has and will continue to have major negative impact on it's value to most if not all potential buyers of a GNX.

I am right there as well. I can't really put an honest value assessment on it. I may be wrong, but my gut tells me $35-$40K range if he is motivated to sell it. Taking into account the history the only thing I can equate it's value to is a higher mileage one. I have nothing else to base it's value on, but feel $50K is certainly too steep. However, if he finds a buyer who is oblivious and never does any research or comes on turbo buick he should meet his asking price or close to it. Either way the history is tarnished and will continue to hurt it's value down the road. All someone has to do is google it and this thread will turn up. I don't care how nice the car is the history has and will continue to have major negative impact on it's value to most if not all potential buyers of a GNX.
I think he will sell it around that price range

I havent, but would help a Buick Brother out if needed.

I was just wondering whats up with the car. Im in the market to buy one.Im like all the rest. The best car for the money. Thanks Steve