GN wheels

harris48cars

I am looking for a set of “NICE” stock wheels. Cash or I have a a in car and running Bradford 9.5 torque converter for trade

I have a nice set with brand new Cooper tires , center caps and lug nuts, where are you located?

I just bought a nearly mint set of four this week (no caps). What is the going rate anyhow?

For 1000 I’ll come and get them. I’m retired so every day is a Saturday. Pictures? Oh, what size are the tires?

Well as a data point for us all I paid $900 (set) with no caps, no lugs & no tires. The closest I can find is some unknown eBay listing for $225 a wheel? And who knows if they are round or even have good chrome. My set I located are like it is 1987. The paint & chrome have a factory fresh look. I felt it was a good option at that number.

I was simply going to get the aluminum set many vendors sell & get the light-weight advantage... But the damn car is nice enough that I went with the factory steel. These are HEAVY alright. I would NOT want to pay shipping with today's UPS rates.

IMG_3920.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That sounds about right , I paid $1200 shipped from the west coast but they are damn near perfect, and yeah you bet your ass they are heavy, when i picked the wheels up from the tire shop and picked one up I went straight home and started looking for Alm rims, fuckers bout pulled my back out.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That sounds about right , I paid $1200 shipped from the west coast but they are damn near perfect, and yeah you bet your ass they are heavy, when i picked the wheels up from the tire shop and picked one up I went straight home and started looking for Alm rims, fuckers bout pulled my back out.
I have Weld drag stars with like new tires. BFG. Wheels are just like new. Just in case you are looking to trade. If I remember correctly, not a sure thing. I believe the stock GN wheel weighs 26/28lbs. A weld wheel weighs 11lbs. Let’s split the difference and say the GN wheel weighs 27lbs. 1lb of rotational is equal to 7lbs of stationary weight. That 16lb weight difference equals around 110 lbs of stationary weight. Times 4=440lbs.. Probably 2/4 mph in the quarter.

I have Weld drag stars with like new tires. BFG. Wheels are just like new. Just in case you are looking to trade. If I remember correctly, not a sure thing. I believe the stock GN wheel weighs 26/28lbs. A weld wheel weighs 11lbs. Let’s split the difference and say the GN wheel weighs 27lbs. 1lb of rotational is equal to 7lbs of stationary weight. That 16lb weight difference equals around 110 lbs of stationary weight. Times 4=440lbs.. Probably 2/4 mph in the quarter.
PM sent