GN vs New Mustang GT

edlucas1

Just replaced laptop for my direct scan. Bad port on the old one.
Had friend Randy drive so I could monitor the laptop.
Cruising 65 mph on IH-45 when beautiful new black GT pulls along side.
Windows blacked out, 3" duals and the GT sounds good.
I just turned up boost to 23 lbs getting ready for races this Sunday.
First time Randy had driven GN but has drove fast before.
GT hammered first then Randy. GT jumped to 1/2 car lead.
At 95 mph we went around GT.
Slowed down and waited for GT. He slowed even more.
Down to 40 mph on freeway. GT beside us and both cars nailed at same time. Steady pulled away from GT until about 90 mph then got out of it. GT passenger rolled window down and waved both hands like, "We give Up".
I love my BGN.

Nice Kill!. There's a special place in my heart for beating up on mustangs. I'm not saying all mustang drivers are douchebags, but all the ones I knew when I was growing up were. :biggrin: I only know one guy who has one now and he won't race me. He's an ok guy though.

Back in the early 90's Mustangers' had the "Telegraph Kit".Timing at 13*,K/N filter and Flowmasters.Always fun shutting 'em down.After that always heard "Wait till I get 4.10's and slicks" Whatever......

nice kill mustangs are gay.

LMAO!!! At least someone said it.

The new GT's are slower than the 6 cyl autos. At least in this case.

6 cyl auto VS F350 w/ 5" exhaust, no cat, 100HP chip, K&N Intake

neck and neck the whole way in 2 wheel.

8 cyl GT stock 5 speed. VS same truck in 4WD. Truck KILLED the GT 3 times. from a roll and a dead stop.

Again, mustangs are gay. (not that theres anything wrong with that) haha seinfeld.

"After shifting and a little brake-torque tango, the additional power and extra ratio add up to more straight-line performance than we expected. That performance would humiliate owners of the last V6 Mustang we tested. Also, this puts the new V6 auto just 0.6 second off the old automatic V8's 0-to-60 time and only 0.2 second slower in the quarter."

Thats the old GT's. The new ones are theoretically 1.44 seconds faster than the new 6cyl. But, with an auto 6 VS a 5 speed 8it may be close. I'll have to set this up and post. Imagine the GN's were 1.44 seconds faster than the regular regals!! haha. we'de all have 17 second cars. Ford. They are shot.

Pethetic

"After shifting and a little brake-torque tango, the additional power and extra ratio add up to more straight-line performance than we expected. That performance would humiliate owners of the last V6 Mustang we tested. Also, this puts the new V6 auto just 0.6 second off the old automatic V8's 0-to-60 time and only 0.2 second slower in the quarter."

Thats the old GT's. The new ones are theoretically 1.44 seconds faster than the new 6cyl. But, with an auto 6 VS a 5 speed 8it may be close. I'll have to set this up and post. Imagine the GN's were 1.44 seconds faster than the regular regals!! haha. we'de all have 17 second cars. Ford. They are shot.

Pethetic

uhhhhh what the hell was all that about? ;) I lost it after "mustangs are gay" that pretty much summed it up.

nice kill, just had my first kill in along time and your right these buicks when running right make you feel so proud to own one

Some of my friends have mustangs, and they get sooo pissed off when I tell them "mustangs are starting from the bottom, when you learn, you'll get a buick"

I always like a nice mustang kill... (They are very gay and most of the owners have those tendencies as well):eek:

Brings to mind an old mustang kill (I'll make my own post so I won't hijack this one...) as well as a few others I remember...

Ed I'm glad the GN is running strong. I can't wait to get mine back on the road so we can have a little "test n tune". Did you get it back yet from paint? Jon Hanson