GN vs "New Edge" Mustang

Sinical

Disclaimer:
I am not a "Kills" regular and I apologize in advance if this isn't up to par for you guys. Flame if you must.

Intro:
It's a beautiful May Saturday morning in New England. Birds chirping, sun shining, you know all the stuff that makes for cute stories about picnics and walks in the park. I make it a point to get up early so I can "run a few errands" I tell the Mrs., (Bull****, I haven't driven the GN much lately and I'm dying to clean her up a little and just cruise around and enjoy the day).

Color Commentary:
After a quick shower, I'm ready to go. Grab the keys, wallet, and the face to my radio and I'm about to bolt out the door. Something's missing though.....Ahhhhh a soundtrack. After a quick mental scan of my CD collection I decide on Van Halen's "Best of Volume 1". Now I'm ready to go.

Pre-Setup:
I hop in and fire it up. The mellow exhaust sound of the boost-fed 6 cylinders invigorates me better than any cafeinated beverage ever could. Quick glance at the Scanmaster tells me everything is a go. I glance at the gauges to confirm what the Scanmaster is claiming. We're good.

Since this is a "Kill" story I'll get the specs out of the way for those that don't know. I have an '87 Grand National, 70K orig miles. Stock block, stock turbo. Recently upgarded injectors, Turbo-Tweak 93 chip, Cotton Fuel pressure regualtor, Hotwired Walbro 340 fuel pump, test pipe, and Hooker exhaust along with aforementioned gauges and Scanmaster. Other minor bits and bolt-ons but pretty run of the mill.

The Setup:
First on the "to do" list is get some petrol. I load up the CD player and cue up #3 "Runnin' With The Devil" and head toward my local Mobil station for some $3.39 a gallon 93 octane. I pump a quick 20 spot down her gullet and hit the road. Next stop: Target for some cleaning supplies and misc crap.

Fast forward to #12 "Poundcake". Eddie's ripping guitar at the beginning of the track gets me juiced every time causing me to get a little "overzealous" on the go-pedal. I show my gratitude to the friendly gas station attendant in the form of some dark black posi-strips in front of his station. "Ahhhh, life is good" I think to myself.

At this point I'm heading West on 140 (2 lane road) cruising along. Traffic is very light which is typical for early morning weekends. I notice that pulling out of a side street is a black "new edge" Mustang (not sure of the year to be completely honest). We make brief eye contact and I can't help but hope the he follows me.
He makes a right and pulls behind the Dodge Ram that's behind me. Now I'm itching and hoping to catch a light with this guy but I try to just enjoy my cruise and see what happens.

I continue to follow 140 up to a set of lights that splits off into 2 lanes. One lane to make a right and the other lane to continue on 140 which will eventually lead up to 2 more sets of lights that are 2 lanes wide. Luckily the Ram gets in the right lane to make a turn and the Mustang lines up behind me as we both wait for green. Once again I scan the gauges to re-assure myself that we're "up to the task".

The light turns green and I accelerate aggresively and the Mustang follows suit. My ears tell me that he has some sort of aftermarket exhaust and is definately not a SC'd Cobra. Part of me is relieved and disappointed at the same time. The opening piano to "Right Now" is starting to come through my speakers, (almost poetic if you think about it). Mr. Mustang is on my tail and seems like he's up for a run. Unfortunately as well pull up to the first set of lights there's already an older gentleman in a Tercel that looks like it's hit everything but the lottery occupying the right hand lane. Again, we both line up in the left hand lane and we wait for green. Capt. V8 throws me a reminder that he's still there via a gas pedal stab, I look in the rear view and nod in acknowledgement.

Once again the light turns green, we both get on it and he switches to the right lane in front of the Tercel. Oh Yeah, now it's on. The late 20's/early 30's gentleman hammers the gas as we both close in on the next set of lights a few hundred feet ahead. His car is remarkably clean (mine is embarrasingly not) appears to have the Chrome OEM wheel option. He even went so far as to have the chrome vinyl "MUSTANG GT" letters for the rear bumper. Ehhh, anyway...we both let off the gas as to ensure we catch the next red. We do.........

The Kill:
Quick glance in all directions and mirrors (no cops) we're good to go. I keep a close eye on the signal for the other intersection and watch for a yellow. I quickly punch the mute button on my remote (I love ya Sammy but you have to shut up for this one). I'm fixated on the light and hear my domestic neighbor rumbling next to me. We have yellow, (**** I'm nervous) "I hope I don't get my feelings hurt" I think to myself as I build boost while braking. GREEN! Like a virgin teenager I get off a little too fast and the resulting tire spin gets me a little squirrely as I begin to lose a fender length on the Mustang. Now I have to make a split second decision to abort, let-off a little, or keep on it. I give it more gas and the car hooks and I stay on it reeling him in rather quickly. I hear a healthy chirp from 2nd gear followed by the WHOOOSHHHHHH as I pull about even and I begin to pull away. I shut it down at about 80mph while I had atleast 1 car length on him.

I continued on and took the next exit happy and relieved of my first "true" kill.

Cliffs:
GN beats Mustang by 1 car

Now those ARE DETAILS?

The setup, everything that lead to it and the feelings you were having going through it. Good Kill. Oh yeah I was LMA off knowing that same feeling.

Nice kill. You need to write suspence novels , your pretty good at it!!!! :D

Sinical said:
Thanks guys/gals glad you enjoyed it. I'm hoping to have more kills in the future ;)
Aren't we all. I love taking out the stang's, personally, I think thier over rated. It's nice to make them eat dust every now and then.

86gngirl said:
Aren't we all. I love taking out the stang's, personally, I think thier over rated. It's nice to make them eat dust every now and then.

I hear ya, just gotta pick your battles sometimes. LOL

Upgrade the turbo and next time i want to hear about you beating the same mustang spinning the tires AND passing him at the same time :biggrin:

BW

huh, whah......sorry narc attack just got up.ha ha. nice one.good details i cant remember why i got married