GN Vandalism...This Makes My Blood Boil

Vampire

Up all night
So last night I took my wife out for a late dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings in Industry, CA after work. I don't drive the GN much, maybe 5 or 6 times a year for a couple days at a time, but I have the car out this week to get some maintenance done on it.

Well a few minutes after we got there, I realized I left my wallet in the car and ran out to grab it. On my way out, a group of 3 guys was leaving at the same time, and happened to be parked right next to me. As I opened up to car to get it, they started asking about the car and seemed very interested in it. I also noticed that they were a little drunk.

One of them insisted it was a Monte (typical) but his friend set him straight, telling him what he had heard about the GN - evidently he knew quite a bit about the car. A few minutes and a bunch of compliments later, I headed back in and they started getting in their car.

Well...on my way back out to the car, my wife notices this...

IMG_0034.jpg

My passenger side mirror, hanging by the cables. My GN is 100%, so this stuck out like a sore thumb. That's my wife in the background...not happy.

I think it was the same guys, probably drunk and talking $h!t after I left. Infuriated, I march back into the restaurant to speak with the manager about their surveillance. Turns out the mall has a camera on the exact area I'm parked, so I call them out and file a report. While they write it up, I also notice that there are several loogies spit on the hood of my car. Disgusting. That really set me off. :mad:

Then I call the Sheriff's deputies out, and they also file a report. The deputy noticed what looked like a shoeprint on the bottom the mirror - it appears it was kicked off. They were very professional about the whole thing, although they didn't seem to believe the car was worth any significant amount of money. :rolleyes:

Between the surveillance in the parking lot - which should have video of whoever kicking the mirror off and getting into their vehicle, along with (hopefully) a plate number - and the much more close-up video surveillance inside the restaurant of the same guys, along with the credit card information they used to pay their tab...I think it shouldn't be hard to catch them. This is all assuming, of course, the Sheriff's department even takes it seriously, and lets be honest - that's not likely.

IT MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL THINKING PEOPLE GET AWAY WITH THINGS LIKE THIS!

Anyway, I'm now looking for another remote passenger mirror housing... :(

IMG_0037.jpg

This is how I'm rolling now. Its ghetto but at least its not flapping in the wind. (Speaking of ghetto, I'm never going back to Buffalo Wild Wings...the crowd there was, um...not classy.)

IMG_0039.jpg

Anyone have any stories about anyone getting busted for this kind of BS? Or do these A-holes always get away with it?

Great way to ruin a nice time with your wife. These are the type of people that need to be burned alive while you spit at them. :mad:

Great way to ruin a nice time with your wife. These are the type of people that need to be burned alive while you spit at them. :mad:

Thats the stuff I like to hear! I have to give credit to my wife too, her car was across the lot and she could have left at any time. Instead she stayed there with me for another two hours while I went all vigilante... ;)

Get that spit off the car! It's more caustic than bird poop.

Sorry for your bad luck. What a bunch of tools.

If the cops catch 'em, ask them to let you kick 'em square in the nutz!

You went to a chicken wing place, That was the mistake. If you drive around that area once in a while you'll run into them, and then you can run into them.

D

Sux....not a good feeling and I can relate.
When I was in the service/in base housing a POS punk kid decided to key my GN all the way down one side and over the trunk lid and spoiler all the way down to the metal!
Just had paid mad cash for a Sikkins paint job a few months prior and it looked stellar.....not a happy camper.

probably lucky they didn't kick in the doors or worse. Hopefully you get it figured out who they are.

Sux....not a good feeling and I can relate.
When I was in the service/in base housing a POS punk kid decided to key my GN all the way down one side and over the trunk lid and spoiler all the way down to the metal!
Just had paid mad cash for a Sikkins paint job a few months prior and it looked stellar.....not a happy camper.

OUCH! Yeah that's worse. My last truck, a black GMC, got keyed a few days after I bought it brand new. Couldn't afford to get it painted for a year. I think this is small by comparison.

You can't have anything nice without some A-hole coming along to screw it up. You almost need some money set aside in your car budget just for vandalism repair. :mad:

Sorry to hear it brother... Maybe if you find out who they are and/or where they are we can plan another "Turbo Buick Outing" and have some fun... ;)

I'll come. I'll bring my freinds Louisvlle and Slugger, too.

They are always happy to meet new vandals........

bummer........where's Smith and Wesson when you need them..................

I know it's probably too late by now by maybe the cops could have swabbed the spit for some DNA. I know it sounds extreme but doing that to someone's cherished vehicle should be treated like murder cause I know i'd be just as mad if it were.

That sucks! The guy that "knew" about GNs probably knew about them b/c he had his ass handed to him. Would be nice if they get arrested but unfortunately it doesn't look like that will happen.

Sorry to hear about your damage. I hate that crap!
Worst I ever had was when I was in the service; at the PX I was backing out and some woman in her mini van with the radio blasting backed out without looking and mangled my quarter. He husband had just been deployed to fight some fires so I told her we'd settle up when he returned. When he returned I gave him the estimates and showed him the car and he promised to get it handled out of pocket in payments. He made one small payment and stopped paying. When I couldn't find him, I discovered that he had been PCS'd to Germany and apparently figured we were finished. I had him tracked down and he was forced to pay for the remainder of the damages as previously agreed... (Sometimes things do work out) :cool:

The police aren't going to help you. You'll need to try and track these guys down on your own.

Sorry for the mirror to your GN. I took my remote mirrors off for a cleaner look. Let me know if you haven't found a replacement, I have both just sitting collecting dust.