GN messed up (Warning;bad photos inside)

Hognose

I had the worst night last night. First of all I just had my "Dream Garage" built (3 car, 28x32) Anyway a friend of mine was coming over so we could change his tires on his Z06. I opened the door to my GN, reached in and started it up so I could pull it out. I let it run for a bit so I could move some crap out of the driveway. After about a minute or so I turned around to see my car backing itself out of the gargae!!! As I ran to go stop it it came to a sudden stop on its own as the door slammed against the garage.
Needless to say I was horrified. I let out some pretty hefty screams beacuse my wife came running out to see what was wrong. Well after I cried for a couple of minutes I decided to clean up the mess.
Just a freak accident, because when I got in the car to shut it down the shifter was halfway between park and drive.

Anyway here is a pic of my dream car all F'd up. By the way I just had the car painted in October, (just got the moved from the carport to the new garage last month).

Just thought I would share this with everyone.

Matthew

Attachments

• Wreck 1 small.jpg
    Wreck 1 small.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 442
  • Wreck 2 small.jpg
    Wreck 2 small.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 422
wow man sorry to see that, that really sucks, especially since you just got the car painted. Goodluck getting it back together, nothing that can't be fixed

Oh my word. Dude, I opened that expecting to see a messed up bumper. I can't believe that, but I'm sure you'll get it back together.

Best of luck.

sorry to see/read this misfortune it happens to the best of us.....
since you just painted it you wont be able to tell after its fixed will blend nicely

this will be one of those during dinner w/ family, talks about when your gn drove itself

anyhow best of luck on the repair
Alan

Ouch! I just cringed looking at that! Good luck getting it fixed, it'll all work out. :)

And I thought I had a bad day. :( If that happened to me I would have seriously considered jumping off a bridge. Hope you get it fixed soon. Will be a good story to tell the grandkids.

Man, I am so sorry . That is terrible. Keep your head up though, you will get it back to normal. :wink:

oh boy... that sends shivers down the spine.

Didn't see where you were from, but i hear people in the plains states have things like this happen frequently from wind...

maybe they could help you through it?

Vic

That totally sucks, i hope things will work out for you. That made me ill just looking at the pixs and then thinking of how i would feel if that happened to my car. :(
Best of luck.

That really stinks! But as stated above, it can always be fixed. Thankfully you weren't under it or behind it working on something--ya can't fix that...

The sound of that door bending and glass shattering must have been like a dagger thru your heart... man! Good luck dude.

That actually happened to my car too, the tranny cable thing I mean. But mine was at the tranny shop and ran into a fence and some small trees. Still had to paint it, but no real serious body damage.

Good luck with it!

wow that really sucks man, that is a gorgeous looking car too. First thing that came to mind though was Tommy Boy "What did you do!" at the gas station.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I can already see you screeming like a little girl whos about to get lifted by a sex offender, on a lighter note sorry to see that happen. but i cant help it to laught..

Sorry to hear about your mishap... :frown:
I don't think I have to words to express my empathy...
Main thing is, your loved ones and yourself are unhurt.

gergwheel said:
wow that really sucks man, that is a gorgeous looking car too. First thing that came to mind though was Tommy Boy "What did you do!" at the gas station.
You're not right, but that was funny :D I work in a body shop and I've seen that sort of thing before, just a freak accident. Looks like you'll need a complete door and probably a fender and some repair to the pillar. Not to mention a garage door track...Good luck bud.

wiked87gn said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I can already see you screeming like a little girl whos about to get lifted by a sex offender, on a lighter note sorry to see that happen. but i cant help it to laught..

That was very funny, because that is pretty close to how I was acting! It is a laughable situation now!

Thank you all for your kind supporting words, bottom line is noone was hurt and it can be fixed is correct.

Actually Geico just left about 20 minutes ago. I am very impressed, they had soomeone here within 24hrs of me calling them! The guy was very cool he knew exactly what the car was. He quoted me $1900.00 and some change to get it fixed, also subtract my $500 deductable from that. He cut me a check right there in my garage! I thought that was very sweet. Plus he said if it costs more he will cover it because he knows how hard parts are to come by. I need to find a door and a door panel. I figure I can try to find some of the parts my self and let the body shop do all the rest.

In any case I will let you know how it all turns out and will get pictures when it's done. Thanks again!!!

Matthew