GN headlight question

matt94z

I am thinking about switching from sealed beam headlights over to the h4 composite beam. I have done this in a few of my previous cars and it has worked out very good, not only do they look better, but they are MUCH brighter.

My question is how many watts are the stock lights? I was looking at h4 bulbs and they come in different wattage 55/60 & 80/100.... Are they different for low beam and high beam?

Thanks in advance!

You would think just from looking at them, that they might look ricey once installed... but not the case, I had these on my 86 GLHS Omni, 70 RS Camaro, and.... something else... cant remember at the moment, but they look good and the difference in brightness is amazing! Plus you have any brand, color, and style bulb available in H4.

I dont know where mine were made but it been in my car for 2 years at $100 a set and $50 for the housing

Check out this site. I got mine here about 4 years ago & am very pleased with them. There is MUCH information on this site & some myths are debunked. I use the 80/100 in low & 100 in high.

Stockers are low power 55/60 or so.

If you go to 80/100 you "may" get away with the stock low beam wiring but definately will need a hot wire/relay upgrade kit on the high beams.

I ran my Highbeams 100 watt on the 80/100's and 120 watts on the high beam only H1's, off 12 gauge wires and an additional circuit breaker off the battery which was 50 amps. I think, and dual relays 40A I think or one large NTE 70A one, that was a long long time ago. :p

Make sure you get the proper mating interface harness since the pattern on the H4's is different than the stock headlight halogens, you need to relocate the wires to use them.

Most quality housings like Hella, Cibie used to include the adapter harnesses.

Check out this site. I got mine here about 4 years ago & am very pleased with them. There is MUCH information on this site & some myths are debunked. I use the 80/100 in low & 100 in high.

Sorry about forgetting the link in my previous post - Altzheimers or whatever

danielsternlighting.com