GN goes 10.22 #130mph... on E85

GN SBS

Hi folks,

Just wanted to report on my outing at Cecil today: 10.22@130mph, running on straight E85. This is a full weight car with no fiberglass, and heater & A/C, running just as I drove it to the track, on drag radials.

None of this would have been possible without the of vision and attention to detail from Bill Moss (Bill Moss Auto, 6169 Oxford Ave, Philadelphia, PA, (215) 744-6677) and Dale Cherry of Injection Connection in Horsham, PA.

Bill and I were just shooting the breeze about the possibilities with E85 and it was my long-standing relationship with him that gave me the confidence to let him run with it. There's no one better at tuning XFI than Dale and what more do I need to say, it ran this fast with little tuning on my end at the track. I couldn't say more about my good experience here-- give them a call!

I'm convinced that 9.99 will come on a day where I get more than 3 passes. Woo-hoo!

See the video here!
YouTube - Scott GN231's 1987 Buick GN - 10.22 @ 130.85 mph

Scott

Fricken' AWESOME Scott....very impressive! Can't wait to see the 9.99 time slip! One more pass man!!! Jarod

Congratulations Scott. That 9.99 will come in time. The car/combo has it in it for sure!

-Banning.

Are you spraying alchy on top of the e85, are you still using the a1000 pump? Also what was your dc% of your 95inj.

Are you spraying alchy on top of the e85, are you still using the a1000 pump? Also what was your dc% of your 95inj.

No alchy spray with the E85, still the A1000-- will check the log for duty cycle and post up later for you.

No alchy spray with the E85, still the A1000-- will check the log for duty cycle and post up later for you.

I ran out of fuel with a1000 and 83lb inj at 128 mph, just wondering if you were on edge

Other than adding a little more fuel what is the alky spray gonna do for ya. To me stick with 100% E-85 period.

Other than adding a little more fuel what is the alky spray gonna do for ya. To me stick with 100% E-85 period.

I agree, just want know how comparable he was on fuel compared to my car. He is the only person I know that is comparable to my old setup - e85-a1000-83lb inj- 128mph+, and not spraying alchy. I havn't run the new setup yet

What kind of fuel lines are you running?? I am thinking of E85 also. I have about the same setup as you(fuelwise). I am glad to see some people going fast on E85. keep us posted:D

I agree, just want know how comparable he was on fuel compared to my car. He is the only person I know that is comparable to my old setup - e85-a1000-83lb inj- 128mph+, and not spraying alchy. I havn't run the new setup yet

Tom,

I checked the log this morning and duty cycle is at 95+% at the top end-- THANKs for the note.

The 95#ers are new and were chosen for this combo so I'll just swap them for something bigger, but I'm curious about exactly what you're running and what your own research turned up. I'm inclined to swap the A1000 for an Eliminator pump, but would love to hear more about your findings.

-Scott

Scott, just saw your post. Congrats on your best time & mph. Your 95# injectors should be fine but probably not enough pump. What was your A/F ratio on the run? Bob

Great times, good to see more low E.T.'s off of straight corn.

The A1000 is rated as an 800hp forced induction pump on gas so running a single with E85 losing 30% up top is your fuel volume issue.

Magnafuel, Weldon or running a dual A1000 is going to get you into the 9's.:eek:

Tom,

I checked the log this morning and duty cycle is at 95+% at the top end-- THANKs for the note.

The 95#ers are new and were chosen for this combo so I'll just swap them for something bigger, but I'm curious about exactly what you're running and what your own research turned up. I'm inclined to swap the A1000 for an Eliminator pump, but would love to hear more about your findings.

-Scott

I had run 83lb inj at 100%+ at 128mph on an a1000 and straight e85, but I feel that the pump was the weakest link not the inj. What a/f were you targeting and timing. I was just interested if you were coming up with about the same values. This maybe gives some other people who want to go e85 something to base some combo's off of. Info...........