GN "fluttering" but no knock??

Tom87GN

YOU'RE MY BOY BLUE!!!!
My GN has developed a weird "fluttering" at the top of each gear if I'm at WOT. The interesting thing is that it only developed this condition after I installed my new Red Armstrong 107H race chip. His 100A (alcohol) street chip did not exhibit this condition. Both chips register minimal amounts of knock with the alcohol kit

If I stay just shy of WOT, the car pulls hard as hell, but if I give it maximum throttle it wants to lay down. My TurboLink does not show any knock above 2 degrees when this condition is occurring with the race chip installed. I'm stumped.

I have yet to get Red on the phone to find out if it has anything at all to do with his race chip. Any suggestions from those of you who run Red's chips?

Mods to the car are as follows: Red's volt booster, 50 lb injectors, CAS V4 IC, 3" THDP, Walbro 307 hotwired, PT-51 turbo, RJC power plate, Precision 70mm plenum, blah blah blah.

sounds like it is lean now, have found the problem with mine recently, what is the a/f ratio? or can you read this nad change it try to richen it up.

Mine is doing the same thing but it does it with ANY chip I've tried even the stock one.

May be alcohol injection related. I have this also when at wot with 20 psi or so. It's just on the edge of bogging down giving it the fluttering effect. I haven't tried to do this yet, but I have thought about raising my fp and turning down the alky pressure a little to see if it helps.

O.K., I talked to Red on the phone and...

I found out why my car is fluttering at the top of the gears.

Red has burned me a street chip tuned for the alky kit that runs lean itself to allow for the introduction of alcohol into the system. The car runs fine like that, but knock a little. No big deal.

Red also burned me a race chip that DOES NOT LIKE ALCOHOL KITS to be used with it. As a matter of fact, he tells me that he won't burn a race chip if you're going to use alky on it, period.

What's happening with my car is I'm flooding the cylinders with fuel/alcohol at the top of the gears because his race chip is dumping fuel (which was 93 octane and not race gas while I was testing with his race chip) at massive rates to overcome the higher boost setting.

So, I cannot run my alky kit with his race chip, only higher octane fuel such as 110 or better. Lesson learned! :D