GM TURBO 6 October Meet

I apologize Mike. I knew you were quick, I just didn't know you were THAT quick. Great job! Barry K. and Dave F. have been keeping me up to date on your progress. I had a couple of ideas, that's why I was posting my number. BTW: My other offer still stands.

Keep the guys welding and wrenching, Shane. We'll have some fun at Piedmont.

Cal, I will call you , but I can tell you that my little brain isnt ready for EFI now!! What I do need is a air/fuel that will read into the 2s cause this Race-pak junk only goes to 4.03 and Im way below that now!!! Mike:eek:

No problem!!! Its Barry Kemper and his son ( DRIVER EXTRODINARE) Bob!!!
These are nice folks and they are serious BUICK V6 go fast guys!!! Go to the post here in the national event forum ( 4.18 ) that is videos of their car in action. Bob is hiding in the seat , but you can see Barry walking up to the car
and flipping some switches ( Thats toooo much for Bob to handle )!!!
Seriously great people!!! Good luck with yours!!! Send me a magic wand to wave over this junk so I can get back in the game. Mike:cool:

That is an awesome ride!

Not to take anything from you guys, but I am talking a door slammer... I would love to see the dragsters run.... Man you guys push it to the very edge!

Cal, I thought you had a car with doors coming to get some:biggrin:

Not to take anything from you guys, but I am talking a door slammer... I would love to see the dragsters run.... Man you guys push it to the very edge!

Cal, I thought you had a car with doors coming to get some:biggrin:

If you plan on running low 4's it doesn't matter if it's a Moped. It will still be a good race. I just hope you get it together. Either way, it will be nice to finally see one of your rides at the track. I know I won't be disappointed.

If you plan on running low 4's it doesn't matter if it's a Moped. It will still be a good race. I just hope you get it together. Either way, it will be nice to finally see one of your rides at the track. I know I won't be disappointed.

:biggrin:

Added Vendor

We would like to welcome Brian Weaver from GBody Parts coming in from Ahoskie, NC. Brian has an extensive selection of parts for your Regal, Malibu, Cutlass, or any other G bodied car both new and Used. Brian is constantly coming up with new parts and new ideas to help keep our Regals on the road. You can visit their website here: GBody Parts. Here is an updated list of tech individuals and vendors that will be joining us in October.

Dan Strezo - DLS Engine - Engines
Cal Hartline - Hartline Performance - Engine Management
Eric Marshall - TurboTweak - Computer Chips
Paul Ferry - HR PartsNstuff - Supensions
Julio Don - Alkycontrol - Alcohol Injection
Vince Janis - Janis Transmission - Transmissions
Harry Hruska - Precision Turbo & Engine - Turbochargers

Brian Weaver - GBody Parts - New and Used Parts
Chris & Ron Sklenar - Custom Auto Apparel - Official GM licensed Apparel
Derek Godwin - Dentmasters - Paintless dent repair
Shane Grimsley / Jay Carter - Bigwood Racing - Race Chassis / fabrication
Kristi & Rick - Metco Motorsports - Suspension Products
Jack Cotton - Cottons Performance - Engine Management

hmmmm subscribed! The engine in the TB.com car wont have a problem making the power, thats for sure... its been low 7's at nearly 2600# with only 1 5 year old turbo, and it didnt even blow up every other pass:eek: :D :eek:

low 7's at 2600 lbs dosent = low 6's at 2500 lbs. :biggrin:

We're not going to weigh 2500lbs.

I dont recall anyone saying anything about low 6s. Why dont you just strap your engine up on a barstool or something and run some 4s.. its about the same kind of comparison.

We are looking LOWWWW 4's... That is our goal to be ready for this event... Things may not work out that way but that is the plan.... We are looking to run a local class as well where you have to run .40's to even quality:wink:

What do you plan on running in the 1/4 with LOWWW 4's in the 1/8th?
The comparison started when I announced low 4's in the 1/8th and Shane asked if it was his car or some competition? Then he posted he planned on running faster.

Like I posted earlier, I will be impressed if you guys even have the car there and it only runs high 4's. I know Len is the first in the 6's, but you guys should be the first over 200mph.

Bill, go easy on yourself. I doubt this new combination will be any less reliable.

Faster:biggrin:
I NEVER COMPAIRED ANY OF MY ET'S TO ANYONE. ALL I WAS STATING WAS THIS DRAGRACING STUFF ISN'T MAGIC. ITS NUMBERS AND MATH I AINT SAYING IM FASTER BECAUSE I MAKE MORE POWER IM JUST SAYING IM FASTER AND IF THAT BOTHERS SOME THEN ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS BUILD SOMTHING FASTER. WE DO THIS STUFF AS A HOBBY SO I CAN SEE HOW SOME WHO DO THIS FOR A LIVING MAY GET UPSET WHEN A PAIR OF FORKLIFT MECHANICS ARE RUNNING NUMBERS THEY WOULD LOVE TO RUN. WE BUILT THIS CAR TO TAKE THE NEXT STEP IN THE CONTINUOUS ELVOLUTION OF THE BUICK V6. WE THOUGHT WE WOULD BE ACCEPTED BY ALL NOT ATTACKED. WE NEVER JUMP ON ANYONE WE ONLY RESPOND TO TO ATTACKS LIKE WE ARE DOING NOTHING WHEN WE DO RUN LOW 4'S AND 6'S. WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT WHAT WE HOPE TO RUN WE POST WHAT WE ALREADY HAVE DONE. SOME SAY WE ARE FASTER BECAUSE WE GOT A DRAGSTER, I AGREE BUT THAT STILL MAKES ME FASTER.
P.S.
GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN!
(YOU CAN PLAY WITH THE CHAIN BUT DONT MESS WITH THE MONKEY)

We were obviously talking 1/8th mile... We feel the car will be ready and this is the goal we are shooting for... If it happens it happens if it doesn’t it don't... I honestly thought you were talking about another car at first... I had no idea you meant a rail...

I have nothing against the rail cars and think they are AWESOME!!! Love to see them run.

Bottom line is the fastest GN/TR/Buick BODY car in the world will be settled shortly... I can promise you this, it WILL happen. I think we have seen when we set our mind to something it gets done....

TFS car is done, class never happened. I had the car at BG year before last and since there was no class I could only go test and tune. I only got to make 1 pass, shake down. After getting help from Bob and Mike and getting some last minute changes to the Pro, I went to make a pass and they closed the session an hour and a half early....

TSM car, car is almost ready. We have the Motor, the Trans, the Converter, the I/C, rear end, front suspension and brakes... We are waiting for the new boosted version of the 70 to come out, the real TSM turbo.... If the turbo is available car we will be at Reynolds and looking to break the record. We will split the block to get it done, doesn’t' matter. Again my mind is set to TRY to break that record, I am sure we want hold on to it. All I want is to do it one time... Too many great racers for that class not to do anything but get faster...

The new TurboBuick.com car and the TSF car have been rebuilt from the ground up. Jay has come up with so much custom stuff it isn't funny. I keep hoping someone will start the class back up for TSF. I know if I did it would look baised so....

Twin kit is done! We are not ready to have them mass produced but they are done.... If anybody wants a set bad enough we can have them ready in 2-3 weeks... As soon as we get time to switch short blocks we will have some Dyno numbers and vids of it.... Kit is done....

Headers- 1 5/8ths and 1 3/4's are done. Anybody wants a set can have them ready in 2-3 weeks. Again just not found a manufacture yet...

And Surprise, Surprise, Surprise we will have something to unveil at this event that will rock the community. We are bringing one of the "games" to the NEXT LEVEL:biggrin:

We have done all of this research and development for all of these out of our own pockets. All of this will be avalible to the public. We are just trying to bring some innovation...

What kills me is the fact, that some people have forgotten what Jay has done for them... Disrespect me all you want, don't go there on Jay...

I am so glad all of these great Buick people are gathering in one place. I can't wait for a big talk with everyone....

Now I hope this thread gets back on track. I feel like this event is going to be bigger than the Nats. Thanks so much to Mr. Clark for doing this!

:eek:
this should be good to watch
Alot of **** talking going on
Shane if your talking about Big Dog they are in the .20's to make the 8 car field now

What kills me is the fact, that some people have forgotten what Jay has done for them... Disrespect me all you want, don't go there on Jay...

Who disrespected Jay? I posted that we were bringing something fast to the event to help promote it. You brought up your car and then said you would be faster. I wasn't sure you knew how fast low 4's was, so I questioned you. I am sorry for doubting you and honestly hope you guys do run that fast. I also look forward to seeing the record setting TSM car at Reynolds. Yours is the 4th car I know of that plans on breaking the record and the only one to publicly say so.

Who disrespected Jay? I posted that we were bringing something fast to the event to help promote it. You brought up your car and then said you would be faster. I wasn't sure you knew how fast low 4's was, so I questioned you. I am sorry for doubting you and honestly hope you guys do run that fast. I also look forward to seeing the record setting TSM car at Reynolds. Yours is the 4th car I know of that plans on breaking the record and the only one to publicly say so.

I guess that is one of my problems:biggrin: I say alot publicly. We have the package just don't know if we will get the turbo, just want to be on even ground there.... I figure a lot of racers would be shooting for it there too. It should be a great event! I am sure it will be exciting, we can't wait!

Far as our big car, yes with the plans we have the car should go low 4's... Mid 6's in the quarter. That is the goal. I love to set the bar high!

Just making sure we were all clear. I have heard all day I talked to much:biggrin: Hit me back on that PM!

Ahem....... Uhhh....... Would you be so kind as to keep this thread on track?? :D :D

LOL!!!

This will be a great event !! As far as the track is concerned, it should hold you guys trying to go that fast. It has alway been a fast track and hooks great. Ten years ago when I left burlinton for nashville there were high 4 sec. street cars running there. There is a big race thurs. night so there should be good rubber down for us Fri. :biggrin:

Bob's car went 4.8. Will it go faster? Bent 6 are you coming down?

I've got confidence in you and Bob - just double check them O-rings!:eek:

I sent my motor off to a "guru" out west for a freshening and in search of more power - still waiting to get it back! My car will definitely be faster (it's been in the 4s before) but I'm not going to throw any new numbers out there until we run them!