GM to build 2.4 TT E85 V6 in 2012

SuperCPA

I don't feel tardy.....
Could this be the hint or preview to the rebirth of the Grand National? Or will they just leave up pissing into the wind again? The latest news from a nationally syndicated radio car show host is as follows:

"Chevrolet will make its return as an engine supplier to open-wheel racing when the IndyCar circuit introduces a new equipment package in 2012. The General Motors Co. division announced today it will develop a new 2.4-liter, twin-turbocharged, direct-injected V-6 racing engine powered by renewable E85 ethanol fuel. Chevrolet will compete alongside Honda Motor Co., which has been IndyCar's sole engine provider since the 2006 season. "Our vision is to design, build and sell the world's best vehicles - and racing is one of the best ways to showcase what we can do," Tom Stephens, GM's vice chairman for global product operations, said in a statement. Stephens said the engine agreement will allow GM engineers to enhance engine performance, explore ways to use less fuel, as well as optimize E85 ethanol. Chevrolet previously provided V-8 engines to open-wheel racing from 1986 until 1993, and from 2002 through 2005. It has won 104 races, powered six driver champions, and scored seven Indianapolis 500 victories."

Those of you who know your history will remember that this is similar to how it all started back in the late 1970's. Hopefully it will not take near as log for this engine or something with similar potential to find its way into the new Buick Regals.

Take everything great off of this plan and stick it on top of the 3.6 304hp V6 currently in the Cadillac CTS coupes and we would really have something then!

production vehicles are getting a direct injected 3.0 V-6 twin turbo engine...first vehicle is the freshened 2012 Buick Enclave (and its counterpart Cadillac SRX)

i wish they would put it in the new regal gs...and give it awd like it was planned to have.

production vehicles are getting a direct injected 3.0 V-6 twin turbo engine...first vehicle is the freshened 2012 Buick Enclave (and its counterpart Cadillac SRX)

i wish they would put it in the new regal gs...and give it awd like it was planned to have.

This 3.0TT should be nice.
They really need to do something to save the regal gs...

I own a 2010 SRX and there's already a turbo option but it only gets the truck to 260 or 280 not sure. I just got the reg engine. I love this SUV. Sorry the truck is upside down. I owned a 2008 CTS before this and the SRX is 5 times the vehicle.

Attachments

• photo-135.jpg
    photo-135.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 193
  • photo-136.JPG
    photo-136.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 199
i believe that GM is slapping a Chevy bowtie on an engine that Illmor already designed, at least for the first few seasons. then GM will probably drop out of Indycar just like they did in the mid 90's and again in '05 once they realize once again that no one in the USA cares about open wheel racing except for 3 hours on Memorial Day weekend..

GM, as always, a day late and a dollar short.

Ford is already producing thier 3.5L direct injected twin turbo V6's by the thousands for several of the Ford and Lincoln products. I've driven it. VERY impressive, stump pulling torque and no lag!

Caddy is considered in the elite top 5 lux cars while Jag isn't even in the pic.
Although I do like the new Lincoln sedans and SUV's.

Caddy is considered in the elite top 5 lux cars while Jag isn't even in the pic.
Although I do like the new Lincoln sedans and SUV's.

Jag? who mentioned jag? Ford dumped that looser division some time ago.