GM Left side Door

chevellejoe

My neighbor decided to not look back as she pulled out her driveway and took out my door. After she noticed what she did, she tried to run from the accident. Luckily i have cameras on the house and my key fob was telling me my alarm was going off so i caught her. Anyway the body shop is having a hard time finding a replacement door. Does anyone have an idea where to get a replacement?

Figured you guys might like to see.

Attachments

• IMG_3696.JPG
    IMG_3696.JPG
    617.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3700.JPG
    IMG_3700.JPG
    697.3 KB · Views: 58
I had a hand in creating the aftermarket ones available now a days. I have them on all three of my cars. You, nor the body shop would be dissapointed in them. They are nice stuff. Also....just looked at your pictures, you may be able to get the shop to skin them. There are skins in the aftermarket as well.

My neighbor decided to not look back as she pulled out her driveway and took out my door. After she noticed what she did, she tried to run from the accident. Luckily i have cameras on the house and my key fob was telling me my alarm was going off so i caught her. Anyway the body shop is having a hard time finding a replacement door. Does anyone have an idea where to get a replacement?

WOW !!!! Nice Neighbour
Sorry to see this......hang in there, you'll get her all fixed up soon.

Yeah he is looking for either a skin or a door. Ideally if he could find a OEM part but how is the material grade with the goodmark doors? I have them on my chevelle, they fit good but I notice they dent easily. Just installing the mirrors made the outer skin bow a little. I had to reinforce the backside of the skin. Also a passenger decided to push the door close with their butt which made a little wave.

Yeah he is looking for either a skin or a door. Ideally if he could find a OEM part but how is the material grade with the goodmark doors? I have them on my chevelle, they fit good but I notice they dent easily. Just installing the mirrors made the outer skin bow a little. I had to reinforce the backside of the skin. Also a passenger decided to push the door close with their butt which made a little wave.
Here is a little 411 for you so you can understand the issue with your chevelle as well as the new regal/cutlass doors

The MFG/tools for the chevelle doors has been around for a LONG time. It doesnt matter if you buy them from goodmark, tamraz,opgi,classic, etc... they are all the same door in different packaging. The tools have been stamped thousands of times based on a competitive nature and the manufacturer has listened to each distributor bitch about how the other distributor is selling too cheap. How do they get around the issue? From what I have "heard" they put a thinner metal blank in the press. I will say this...I pressed on the side of my quarter panel while it was up on skates and the quarter has an impression..so It may be nature of the metal.

On this set of doors they come from one manufacturer and is using one standard for door skin/structure thickness = OEM. Many parts to the door are of differing thicknesses as you would imagine. The structure is thicker than the skin for example. I do know I spec'd the skin at 1.2 mils. This door is just as good or better than OEM, I promise. You only have two people that can put this door into their own packaging. One is goodmark and the other is Gbody. No other partners were invited to the game on this one. All exclusive.

Since the tool has not stamped thousands of times the first 5 thousand or so doors are perfect with no variance.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Toby. Hopefully I didn't come off that I was bashing goodmark. 80% of the body panels on my Chevelle are goodmark.

After discussing with the Auto body shop and the info you supplied, we are going to purchase a Goodmark door and start fresh.

I want details of the "accident". How old is she? Where were you when it happened and how did u confront her? Did she deny it before u said you had her on camera? Was the police notified? Were u parked on the street opposite her driveway? My Sebring was on the street and the neighbor backed into it when he was backing out of his driveway. I confronted him and he admitted to it. His insurance paid for it.

Thanks for the info Toby. Hopefully I didn't come off that I was bashing goodmark. 80% of the body panels on my Chevelle are goodmark.

After discussing with the Auto body shop and the info you supplied, we are going to purchase a Goodmark door and start fresh.

No worries brother. I am here to help those become informed. Make sure it gets packaged well and truck freighted. If it gets shipped by the brown bus or fedex it will get damaged. Empty they door weighs over 70lb

Toby, how likely is a door to be undamaged if picked up from say GBody (since I live in NC) versus having it shipped from Goodmark or GBody?

It's fairly good, but would advice having them check the door prior to your arrival. We put in order a new packaging requirement that requires the mfg quadruple the box thickness. This was done on the second production runs of the doors

I bought both sides, entire doors not skins. They fit great but the bottom corner edge did get bent alittle. Im sure this was before the new packaging request though. My paint guy took care of it easy peasy