GM High Tech shootout

Bens87tr

Former Owner, 87T
Oct. 23rd, this Sat. Who's planning on going?? If the weather holds up we should have some good air.

Its at englishtown, NJ. I will be going, with or without my tta. Depends if I can get this oil leak fixed in time. Should be fun.

Not sure if i am going yet or not, I cant run flat out without a cage or liscense.

Do cars built built under 50% GM ownership qualify? GM bought out my cars company fully in '99.

(edit) where can I find out more info, checked the GMHTP sight...

The Rich's Auto crew will be there, Tommy, Art and myself will be there racing. I am hoping my newly acquired NHRA license gets here or is faxed over so I can run car all out. If not it's a 10.00 dial in.

Im in the same boat with the 10.00 dial Rich,
Maybe we can se you can go closer without going over:D

I just had bullet mufflers put on and i went to raceway park website and they said no bullet muffs allowed so i guess i cannot race which sucks but will try my best to get out there. hope to see you guys there.

Bullet mufflers with a turbo will be okay. It's just that cars without a turbo are too loud. Turbo cars can pass the noise requirements without mufflers in most cases. A dB test is performed on cars that are questionable.

If you need more info, call the track today or tomorrow (between 2 and 5 pm) at 732-446-7800, ask for Paul Bailey.

Those muffs will be fine. They don't really tech all that much down there. Go, it's a fun event.

Well if Chuck's going then I ain't going........j/k.........lol.

Just got a copy of my NHRA competition license faxed over so I am good to go for Saturday.

See everyone there Saturday..............there will be more filming of American TR for sure.

Originally posted by Bens87tr
They don't really tech all that much down there.
You must be thinking of Atco. We (RP Tech) can pretty much spot a rat-trap from a good distance away.

You drive a white T, right?:D

Be safe and have fun!

p.s. Rich, congrats on the comp. license!!!!

Cars loaded up, Ill be there parked behind the main stands on the right with Rich and Artie