Getting the STAGE 2 TTA Together... few pics...

Very nice. Did it get a lot of attention from the crowd?

Quite a bit of attention. Its fun to see the people who know what these cars are take a double-take and then come over to look it over. The other fun part is people scratching their heads while they look at the engine and wonder why it says "Buick" on the valve covers. Makes for some fun conversation:)

Hey guys, just had the coolest conversation with a guy named Daytona and he brought me a really neat gift.

Anyways, yesterday I met him and he told me that he worked at PAS back in the day when these cars were being done by PAS. Also told me he was close friends with the owner of PAS Jeff Bietzel. Jeff died of cancer a few years ago, unfortunately.

While talking with him yesterday he mentioned to me that he had been given a bunch of extra parts years ago of these cars once the program closed down. Of course I asked him if he still had any of them, but he has sold them through the years. But he did tell me that he thought he still had some memorabilia in his garage, etc..

So, today he shows up with this! This picture was hanging in Jeff Bietzel's house and Jeff's wife gave it to Daytona as a gift after Jeff passed away, and today it was given to me! Pretty cool, huh?

Picture is of Daytona and the picture he gave to me.

Attachments

• IMG_1828.jpg
    IMG_1828.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 381
Hey, would you mind posting some more pictures of the "street cars" at the show in the lounge or somewhere. Or, is there a link to some other place you guys have some posted? I need to make it up there one year. I saw a Firebird in one of your pics with a nice size tire on it. Nice of him to give you that picture too.:cool:

I introduce to you the man who did all the pre-production work on our engines while he worked for PAS - Billy Briggs. He will be at the meeting in Hebron this summer. BTW, this guy is a wealth of info on these cars. Also, had a fun talk today with Sharon Bietzel, the wife of Jeff Bietzel, owner of PAS. I told her she needs to go to Hebron this summer as well. If someone gave her a personal invite I think she would be there. She had some cool stories about these cars as well.

Billy is on the left and your humble correspondent is on the right:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_1830.jpg
    IMG_1830.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 473
Very cool stuff thanks for sharing. The photo looks like the one from the GM press kit, nice of him to give it to you.

Jeff was apparnetly married 5 times and Sharon is one of his ex-wifes (not sure which order lol). His late wife (guess no 5 then) was Gretchen Rossi and both she and Jeff where in "The Real Housewives of Orange County’s" series .. and apparently Gretchen is the one that inherited Jeff's "millions".

Thanks for sharing the photos and other info!

Very cool stuff thanks for sharing. The photo looks like the one from the GM press kit, nice of him to give it to you.

Jeff was apparnetly married 5 times and Sharon is one of his ex-wifes (not sure which order lol). His late wife (guess no 5 then) was Gretchen Rossi and both she and Jeff where in "The Real Housewives of Orange County’s" series .. and apparently Gretchen is the one that inherited Jeff's "millions".

Thanks for sharing the photos and other info!

Well, I don't know all the history except this - after PAS closed, Jeff started a company called "Wheel To Wheel" that was very popular here in Metro Detroit. That was bought out, etc...

But I do know that when Jeff was running PAS during the Turbo TA program he was married to Sharon. In fact, Daytona told me that Jeff was ready to close the business, but Sharon encouraged him not to give up and they landed the TTA project with GM which changed alot of things for them. At least that's what was shared with me today.:biggrin:

I had a chance to see this car at the Autorama this year and talk to the owner. Nice guy and very nice car! Hopefully we'll see you out this year :eek: I want a ride in that thing too! lol

I had a chance to see this car at the Autorama this year and talk to the owner. Nice guy and very nice car! Hopefully we'll see you out this year :eek: I want a ride in that thing too! lol

Great talking to you guys yesterday. I look forward to hooking up with you guys for some cruising this year. I will definitely be out in this car this summer.

Got to see this car up close yesterday. What an awsome ride. Need to get a Garrett turbo on that bad boy though...:)

Nice meeting you and talking to you yesterday.

- Sean

Congrats brother! Sweet a$$ ride!

Thanks bro.

Got to see this car up close yesterday. What an awsome ride. Need to get a Garrett turbo on that bad boy though...:)

Nice meeting you and talking to you yesterday.

- Sean

Believe me, I'd rather have a GT47-88 on this car, but this is what it came with when I bought it. Can you hook a brother up?:wink:

Congrats ! Great job and well deserving!

Thanks bro. Great meeting you again.

Congrats the car deserves it! Some sweet goodies there! Can't wait to see that sexy TTA in Ohio at the reunion! I'll have to show Scott the picture of you and Billy B! :cool:

I introduce to you the man who did all the pre-production work on our engines while he worked for PAS - Billy Briggs. He will be at the meeting in Hebron this summer. BTW, this guy is a wealth of info on these cars. Also, had a fun talk today with Sharon Bietzel, the wife of Jeff Bietzel, owner of PAS. I told her she needs to go to Hebron this summer as well. If someone gave her a personal invite I think she would be there. She had some cool stories about these cars as well.

Billy is on the left and your humble correspondent is on the right:biggrin:

Hello, I was looking at your car when you took that picture with Billy. I talked to Billy for a minute. Very nice car. I continued on to see the other cars and wanted to come back and talk to you but never made it. Hope to see you around the Detroit area.