GbodyParts.com stock location intercooler

CanGN

Thinking of upgrading intercooler, the stock location intercooler from Gbody Parts looks like a nice piece, just wondering what anyone who has one thinks about it..thanks

I sell his intercoolers and have put one on my own GN. Fits nice and looks killer. Will work with the front sway bar. I'm not impartial though but I bet others will vouch for it.

I will fit but you will have to drill some new holes in the frame's crossmember for the Kirban braces. Easy to do.

I bought one, The fit wasnt perfect,the intercooler is hugging the right side , which caused me to modify the bracket, because it was to tight against the oil filter.The problem may be the Poston headers are not perfect with the turbo sitting in the right position.Im not sure which is off,but i just wanted to give you the info.Let me say that i am very happy with the intercooler and it also looks great in the car.I have bought many parts from Brain and he alway's helpful with any info i needed.

I just ordered one, should be here this week. Will post up how I like it, w/ fitment details.

~Bryan

Update

Got the IC installed last night...had to modify the bracket by notching it to clear my oil filter, but I figured it ws b/c of the fact I'm running a biggie oil filter. Wasn't anything a Milwaulkee Grinder and the right carbide bit couldn't take care of.:D Also the stock IC fan had to go, but who keeps those anyway? Overall everything else went smoothly really is a nice piece...and the stocker really dwarfs in comparison, would reccomend it to anyone.

~Bryan.

when I put mine on it cleared the fan fine...but I had to cut the shroud some to clear the top side of the sway bar. It's nice. Good seat of the pants upgrade due to the restriction of the neck on the stock IC IMO.

Only issue I had with my installation was with the ballast resistor for the electric fan. I ended up relocating it to the fan shroud from the stock mounting area to make it easier to fit the IC shround. My IC fan fit fine, it is close but it did fit. No problem with the sway bar fitting either.

Tight Fit

I have ploy mounts which I think raise the motor just enough I had to modify the shroud not a big problem but took some time Looks great and is on center I had a CAS V4 which are way off to one side and looked funny from the front. Haven't had a chance to drop the hammer yet has snowed from the time the motor was reinstalled after rebuild.:confused:

The scoop was a tight fit but i have poly mounts also no big deal but for the money it is a bad a%#

Agreed

It is a well made product and most likely fits fine on non Poly motors and dealing with TR Custom Parts is always a pleasure alway great delivery and sell only the best stuff I go to his web page to see what other bling I can buy.
I am thinking of making a little bigger bottom scoop I could drop it another 2 inches and pick up a lot more air.:biggrin: