gbodyparts.com aluminum radiator

wildcard

Gbody Finatic
I am thinking of purchasing the 450 dollar aluminum radiator from gbodyparts.com but wanted to find out who has it and what they thought about it? Is it a direct factory replacement? Does it have the same holes for the tranny and oil coolers?

I have installed them, and "YES" to answer your questions!:)

Thanks for the quick response. I guess what I should have asked was is it a good investment for my Buick? Just want to get the best bang for my buck. I want my cooling system to operate SUPER efficient. I am also planning on getting the dual fans as well. My car has over 200k miles on it and I've used it as a daily driver since 2003. I'd like to continue using it as a daily driver so I want my cooling system to be top notch.

I like using the alum radiator with dual fans. We weld tabs on the rad to mount the fans which make it a nice install.

To run cool in your summer temps, do NOT use antifreeze, but just plain water and RMI-25.

This will help lower the engine operating temp, and protect the radiator as well as keep it clean inside. :cool:

I've had the gbody parts aluminum one since sometime in 2007. Ran it today around town in traffic with the A/C on in 82F weather and its 165F. Drove it 1000 miles last year to Reynolds, 155F at 80 mph. Sitting 10-15 minutes at a drive thru in the summer in 95F heat, it gets up to 178F. I use the stock fan.

I've had the gbody parts aluminum one since sometime in 2007. Ran it today around town in traffic with the A/C on in 82F weather and its 165F. Drove it 1000 miles last year to Reynolds, 155F at 80 mph. Sitting 10-15 minutes at a drive thru in the summer in 95F heat, it gets up to 178F. I use the stock fan.

Good info, was curious how it did with stock fan. That's pretty good!

Thanks for the quick response. I guess what I should have asked was is it a good investment for my Buick? Just want to get the best bang for my buck. I want my cooling system to operate SUPER efficient. I am also planning on getting the dual fans as well. My car has over 200k miles on it and I've used it as a daily driver since 2003. I'd like to continue using it as a daily driver so I want my cooling system to be top notch.

hello peoples: Is your cooling system stock right now? Sounds like it's been good to you. What coolant have you been using? I live in Mass. and I do have an alum. rad with AF and RMI. I might try just water and RMI and see what happens.
IBBY

I just bought one a week or 2 ago, Brian has such outstanding service it is insane, but I installed it in a day with no problems what so ever on my pretty much stock 87 GN. Everything hooked up exactly like it did from the factory, no bending of anything or grinding at all. Haven't got to drive it yet, I still have it up on jackstands getting more stuff done to it and it's still pretty cold here.

I put one in two years ago and also added the gbody dual fans. Works great in the Phoenix oven with the A/C on.

I'm about to grab on of these rads also. I just grabbed an alky kit from Brian and the Gbody parts dual 3" exhaust. Next up will be the rad even though it will be months before the car is on the road again because of me being in Canada and all:(