Gbodyparts: Bad service - Long

whitess

First of all let me say that up to this point, for the last 5 years, I've had nothing but praise for Brian. Unfortunately that changed for the worse with the last order I gave him. I ordered the following items for my White '85 with non-power doors (no power locks or windows):
1. New GM Hinges and pins
2. Seat belt actuator - left side (in door jamb)
3. Burgundy Lower CSII door panels w/baskets and covers for non-power doors
4. Good, non-rusty doors w/o mirrors or door panels - left and right
5. Good, non-rusty trunk lid w/o spoiler
When he got back to me he told me that he just had a real nice '85 roller come in. He said other people had asked him to sell them the whole car but he would sell the doors and trunk lid to me.
The first 3 items were fine. The other 3 were not. The trunk lid had dents in the top and a lot of surface rust around all the edges, inside and out. The doors are so badly rusted on the insides that the body man was hesitant about fixing them - lots of money to fix and no guarantee on the rust being gone and a lot of rebuilding of the doors as well. They're not even the right year or style - they're power doors for an '86 which have different mirrors and are in a different place on the doors. There'll be more expense for swapping the power mechanisms from the old doors to the ones he sent plus a set of mirrors. It'll be cheaper to use and fix my original doors and be guaranteed they won't rust.
I tried to contact him 5 times over 3 weeks before I heard anything from him (2 phone messages, 1 letter with pictures of the doors and trunk lid he sent, and 2 emails). In the last email I told him what I thought he owed me. He responded to this email, with no comment about the problems, and said he'd call me the following Monday or Tuesday. That was over a week ago. I sent him another email a couple of days ago asking him if this how he wanted things to end. No response as of today.
My body man had already started on the rust on the trunk lid when I got there to check out the parts so I'll keep it. It can be saved but it'll cost me more money than if I'd gotten what Brian was supposed to send me.
Considering what the total costs were with shipping, minus the good parts, I figure I'm out almost $1300. This isn't the kind of treatment anyone should have to deal with from any vendor or business. I'll leave out the choice words, etc. I'd really like to say.
Larry.

Great Service By Brian This week. Thanks for the parts got them super fast. Gbodyparts is AWSOME.

Sorry about forgetting to mention its a Monte. The mirrors on the 86+ doors sit farther forward and are a different style.
As far as pictures of the doors I'll have to put the pictures on a disk and I can send them to someone if they can post them for me.
Larry.

(1)First of all let me say that up to this point, for the last 5 years, I've had nothing but praise for Brian. Unfortunately that changed for the worse.

(2)I tried to contact him 5 times over 3 weeks before I heard anything from him. He responded to this email, with no comment about the problems, and said he'd call me the following Monday or Tuesday. That was over a week ago.

(3)I figure I'm out almost $1300. This isn't the kind of treatment anyone should have to deal with from any vendor or business. I'll leave out the choice words, etc. I'd really like to say.
Larry.

ouch I am sorry to hear about this. I pm'ed you! I tried my best to speak up about the shaddyness, only those who have been wronged by him will understand or beleive me I guess. I was even told by the shane that brian was going to call me, only after many emails and pm's and phone calls went unanswered in order to straighten out my issues and vender concerns with him. To this day nothing, 0 calls from brian. I still love how brian is pissed I walked in on his china secret, thats great reason to get mad rofl.

good luck; I hope he works with you at least on this issue.
XxDarkSidexX

Sorry about forgetting to mention its a Monte. The mirrors on the 86+ doors sit farther forward and are a different style.
As far as pictures of the doors I'll have to put the pictures on a disk and I can send them to someone if they can post them for me.
Larry.

Bummer, I wouldnt have known those years have different doors. I suppose I just learned something today! Hope you get this worked out.

Those are rust free doors?? :eek: Looks like you paid for the doors and got the rust for free. :mad: Good luck solving this issue.

Nice of him not to charge me for the rust. :rolleyes:
Someone who does business like this shouldn't be allowed to continue the way he has at the expense and to the detriment of those of us here and at the other G Body sites who have put their faith in he and his business and suffered because of it. It's hard enough at times to find the money and to find what all we need for our G Body's, whether it's restoration or performance items, without having to wonder if we'll be "taken advantage of". I'd like to see this made as a sticky so that others will not have to go through what many of us already have with Brian. (Maybe one of the Moderators will chime in on this.)
Larry.

That is really how the doors showed up?Man with all this crying from vendors on how they are treated maybe they should move on to the customers who will drink the koolaid like they are told.I'll bet in the tremendous vacuum that would be left when they scatter someone will step up and deliver.

They were in a crate but that's how they looked once we got them out. :frown:
Yeh, they can't complain if they're at fault too.
Got an email from Brian Friday (didn't show up on my email's till later on Saturday for some reason) saying he'd try and call over the weekend. I told him "Last chance". No call.
It's now been over 5 weeks since I first contacted him. Oy.

They were in a crate but that's how they looked once we got them out. :frown:
Yeh, they can't complain if they're at fault too.
Got an email from Brian Friday (didn't show up on my email's till later on Saturday for some reason) saying he'd try and call over the weekend. I told him "Last chance". No call.
It's now been over 5 weeks since I first contacted him. Oy.

ooo no rofl, probably the same crates I saw the boxes of china parts on.

dont worry brian hasn't called me for over a year, and I always happen to "miss" him when I call. In fact he has never called or answered the phone when I call. Nor is he timly at all with emails or pm's, unless there is $$$ involved then he will contact you ASAP. typical sucking of the nip, no milk no suck.

DS

where's all the butt kissers putting thier .02 cents in about this complaint? i guess because now somebody has put up proof of thier "real life" problem with the one of the "greatest" vendors on here, the chimers aren't chiming in. this is jmo of what i read and see when it comes to messages posted on this subject .

where's all the butt kissers putting thier .02 cents in about this complaint? i guess because now somebody has put up proof of thier "real life" problem with the one of the "greatest" vendors on here, the chimers aren't chiming in. this is jmo of what i read and see when it comes to messages posted on this subject .

Yet you and Captain China didn't skip a beat, so what does that tell you? Funny.

Yeah thats gonna get results!

:wink:

I will talk to Brian about this today.....

The people in touch with reality on this board already know the final outcome of this THEFT. Even Jeremy (jdpolzin) could only try to spin the door issue once. I have seen better doors in the junkyard and I wouldnt consider pulling them off and using them when they need that kind of work. The only "talking" to Brian from SGRIM should go like this: "Hey good buddy hows it going? Listen that door issue needs to be resolved to the point where the customer is completely satisfied since he already used the trunk he had concerns about. If U dont then Im gonna have to launch U from the forum." Its real simple, its not over the top, its simply the best way to get Brian to take respnsibility for his actions.

tell's me that all the ass kissing that go's on here when it comes to a certian vender isn't happening now that someone has had to actually "post proof" of what happened to them getting screwed. gbody parts is the vending god here and i see people having problems and it's always shhhh don't say anything bad just be quite and deal with it till they get around to dealing with you. i am in no way trying to belittle gbody parts as i see way more good then bad, i am stating an obvious trend on here of people flat out attacking others when it comes to any situation that concerns any voicing of any thing negative like they are liars. so tnx if you got a problem with me and capt. china as you call him let's here it. but i'll tell ya, if you want to start a sh*t storm, you better have a real good rain coat because it's gonna come at ya but good.;)

sorry to say but you got screwed....hope he makes good on a refund plus shipping as the discription is way off