Gauge wiring and such

12lepler

I'm trying to clean up under my dash by doing some rewiring. I had some questions. I need to know where I could wire up my gauges lights to come on with the parking lights. They WERE wired into one of the parking lights but there should be a better place for them right? And which wire is the power supply for the radio? I want my knock gauge to be hooked up to a switched power so it doesn't turn on while cranking.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1406594347737.jpg
    1406594347737.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 154
  • 1406594361028.jpg
    1406594361028.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 149
LPS terminal on the fuse block between the CCCI fuse and A/C fuse will get you a source for gauge lights that works with the dash dimmer switch and provides a nice spot to get power that is easy to de-mod. Otherwise BRN wire in that area is for lights from the headlight switch.

Power for the radio comes from the radio fuse via a yellow wire. I am not sure I would hook anything to the radio power that I didn't want interference on though. There should be some empty IGN terminals on your fuse box that could provide a different location. If you wanted to be slick you could use a 5 pin relay that deactivates when the purple starter wire is hot so that way the power drops to the knock gauge only during cranking... Anyways, hope this helps.

Last edited:
LPS terminal on the fuse block between the CCCI fuse and A/C fuse will get you a source for gauge lights that works with the dash dimmer switch and provides a nice spot to get power that is easy to de-mod. Otherwise BRN wire in that area is for lights from the headlight switch.

Power for the radio comes from the radio fuse via a yellow wire. I am not sure I would hook anything to the radio power that I didn't want interference on though. There should be some empty IGN terminals on your fuse box that could provide a different location. If you wanted to be slick you could use a 5 pin relay that deactivates when the purple starter wire is hot so that way the power drops to the knock sensor only during cranking... Anyways, hope this helps.

Thank you for a very detailed reply :D

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app