Gauge install question?

boosted3

I am installing a new set of Autometer Ultra Lite 2 gauges. My question is regarding hooking up the voltmeter. Has anyone used the power and ground that you used for the lighting on the voltmeter? Im trying to simplify my wiring a little bit and figured the LEDs in the gauges wouldnt use much. Can i use the same wiring for the lighting to power the voltmeter or should i use a separate power and ground for it?
Thanks!

I am installing a new set of Autometer Ultra Lite 2 gauges. My question is regarding hooking up the voltmeter. Has anyone used the power and ground that you used for the lighting on the voltmeter? Im trying to simplify my wiring a little bit and figured the LEDs in the gauges wouldnt use much. Can i use the same wiring for the lighting to power the voltmeter or should i use a separate power and ground for it?
Thanks!

The lighting should be wired to dash illumination voltage so they will dim when you dim the dash lights. There's a slot on the fuse panel labeled LPS and you can get lighting from there.

You should get power to the gauge in one of the IGN slots.

The lighting should be wired to dash illumination voltage so they will dim when you dim the dash lights. There's a slot on the fuse panel labeled LPS and you can get lighting from there.

You should get power to the gauge in one of the IGN slots.

Thats what i was thinking! Thanks for the quick response!