Gathering In Asheville, NC

vicious6

Turbo Regal Obsessed
Just thinking of having next months gathering in Asheville. Maybe some of the Eastern Tennessee guys could come as well. Someone had mentioned April 23rd. Any input would be great. Let's get this ball rolling!!! :p

The 23rd sounds good. I've been looking for an excuse to bring the car up the hill.:)

You guys & gals have a favorite spot you like to meet? I think the 4:00 meeting time work out good, it gave plenty of daylight before and after eating, plus it wasn't that long of a wait to cruise a little.

What does anyone else think.....

Gonna have to sit that one out. That is my B-day and spending time with the family. After this meeting I would like to vote on Roanoke VA for the next meeting sometime at the end of May after the nats.

ASHEVILLE GATHERING

Joey

Where are you thinking about buying our dinner from? :D :D

Chantel and I have some ideas in mind if your not sure where we should go.

Re: ASHEVILLE GATHERING

Originally posted by sixnboost
[B}

Chantel and I have some ideas in mind if your not sure where we should go. [/B]
well lets here your ideas:D

Well we were thinking about Garfields which is pretty close to the interstate, or Apollo Flame which is across the road from Garfields but I don't think they have room for a big crowd. Garfields does have the room it is at Biltmore Square Mall and they have good food and reasonable prices.

I always have sizzlin pepper steak. When it comes out it is on a iron skillet and is still smoking!! $9.99

They do have a bar as well!!

Whatcha think?

???

Not trying to cause any waves but... Two "North-West" meets in a row?? How about something centralized or towards the east for the Coastal-Carolina crowd? We need to vary the gatherings a little to get everyone involved.

Wherever is fine with me, as long as I'm not too busy working on a customers car, I'll be there. Hopefully I'll have the TSS car ready for the next one.

Still interested in a track date as well!!??

K.

Well I will have to sit the next one out. Two hours is a fair drive from raleigh to hickory now the meet is moving even further away than that. Maybe May we can hit a little closer.

Asheville in spring sounds great to me! It will be a long drive but wife and I plan to be there for the weekend. Why don't we start laying out a schedule of locations for the next several months. Ronoake would be ok with me in 2 months. How about a trip to Farmington for a little track time? They have "Test-n-Tune" on Thursday evenings.

Conrad Carter
Albemarle (near Charlotte), NC

Garfields is good Billy, don't really know if they have that much room though... still trying to think of other alternatives. Give me some more thoughts. :D

I think that is a good idea to get a schedule together of proposed meeting places. Then we can see and have some dates mapped out well in advance on what will work. Were is farmington again? I've never been.

Farmington Dragway is just north of I40 near Winston-Salem...on Hwy 801. Neat drag strip...1/8 mile. Do a Goggle search on them.
Conrad

I believe Clint has some kind of B.O.P event planned there in June??

K.

location location location

hey guys

Not wanting to start a war here but i agree with NC-Turbos about having two back to back meets in that area. Thats such a long drive for me let alone the guys from raleigh and charlotte area.

I was thinking about maybe in the gastonia area. that would be about an 1.5 hr drive for most.

like i said not wanting to start a rift but central NC seems to be where most of the guys/gals came from in the hickory and raleigh meets.

cause the only way i will do the asheville thing is if there is going to be several cars there cause i'm gonna make a weekend of it since it's like 3-4 hrs away.

Hey Clint...when is the Farmington event in June?
Conrad Carter

I agree with SloGN something a little more centrally located would be good, Asheville is a bit too far for me for dinner. How many boys are near the coast and would like something their way?

A gathering at the coast would be cool. But, someone needs to step forward and agree to set it up. We need a date, location, time, dinner reservation, etc.

So far, the Asheville crowd has stepped forward for March 23.

I think we need gatherings in Charlotte area, Wilmington, Greensboro, Southern Pines/Pinehurst, etc. I agree that we need to mix up the locations around the state.

If anyone is interested, I will be glad to set up a Albemarle (45 miles NE of Charlotte on Hwy 52 & 24-27) gathering in May. We have several good BBQ places. In fact, everyone can come to my office after dinner for desert and bench racing.

Clint has set up June 26 for a BOP event at Farmington. We could use that for our June meeting if we want.

Conrad Carter
704-983-2302

ps...Ryan Martin will be trying to sell his GN at Autofare. We all need to really bad-mouth his car so no one will buy it and he will stay a member of our little group! Seriously, he has a really sharp car and needs $'s for school. Spread the word. I would kill for those wheels!

Originally posted by alphaenvirmgt
I would kill for those wheels!
I have a neighborhood cat that keeps getting into the trash, if you kill that cat I will go to Ryans dads house steal the wheels & give them to you.:D I can't get a good shot @ it without shooting @ a friends impala in the driveway.;)