Gas tank vent?

nastynavy

I have ran my new fuel lines (-8 feed and -6 return) and tried using the stock vent but it is not working out. I also sumped my stock tank and have an external Magna Fuel 625 pump, prefilter and after filter. I have done a few searches and have not found much info on this. What are you guys doing for your vent? I thought I was having problems with my new fuel pump but while I was draining the tank through the sump it would almost stop until I would loosen up the gas cap to vent it out. If I would tighten the cap back up I could here the air in the tank and it would slow to almost a stop again. Since I am not using the stock pump I have thought about modifying the feed and or the return tube to be a vent for the tank but didn't know if this would work or not. Any help in this area would be a great help.

Thanks,

Assuming you didn’t kink the line by the tank when you put it back in I would unhook it from the hose going to the canister by the steering box so that it’s just an open line there. If that fixes it then just put one of the cheep fillers on the line and cal it good here is a pic of how mine is.
IMG_1467.jpg

I have my stock vent still ran but it is not enough. It is not kinked. I will try blowing it out with some air but it it is not damaged from the outside.

you could always on hook the vent line at the tank to see if its good that way it would t least let you know if its the line from the rear to the front. if not then you wil have to replace the line with a bigger one.

IF the factory line is OK, it does not need to be larger. Have you checked to be sure you don't have the lines crossed at the tank?

I wonder if he is using the 1/4 return line as a vent and and the bigger vent line as his return line now. He did replace the return line with -6 but didnt say what he did to take care of the bottle kneck in the return line at the sending unit.

Got me ..

I wonder if he is using the 1/4 return line as a vent and and the bigger vent line as his return line now. He did replace the return line with -6 but didnt say what he did to take care of the bottle kneck in the return line at the sending unit.

wondering, too. Not enuf info to make a really accurate diagnosis...

I almost did before I read this! Thanks, I thought for sure the 1/4 inch was the vent. Thanks for clarification!:biggrin:

Thanks for all your suggestions on this. Sorry it took so long to get back on it but the stock vent was plugged. I ran a new vent line and it is venting plenty now with no issues on the vent side.