gas tank question

mjp87

I droped tank to change fuel pump and wanted to clean inside/outside of tank while I had it off. The tank is a little rusty on outside but I think I can clean it up nice and paint it. When I was tipping tank over to get all the old gas out I noticed something rattling around. The noise ended up being a piece of the plastic baffling that had broke off. The baffling slides back and forth when I move it side to side. Is this normal? Is this tank screwed and would it be better to just buy a new one? Is the one gbody sells better than the other brands. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,mike

The baffling is not completely rigidly mounted and can move around especially upside down with no gas in it.

Depending on how big a piece broke off and what the rest of it looks like I'd probably still use it. :)

If there's nothing visible such as lots of uncleanable debris in the bottom of the sump (use a good light) I wouldn't worry much about one broken piece.

The baffling is not completely rigidly mounted and can move around especially upside down with no gas in it.

Depending on how big a piece broke off and what the rest of it looks like I'd probably still use it. :)

If there's nothing visible such as lots of uncleanable debris in the bottom of the sump (use a good light) I wouldn't worry much about one broken piece.

+1