gas bill

1fast6

How many people have actualy looked at how much they spend each month on gas for there vehicles?

I looked this month and was shocked. I spend about $700:eek: a month on gas alone. That includes my cars/truck, the wifes jeep, my sons car, and our boat.
I pay for my sons gas because he is a H.S. student and we chose for him to concentrate on his studies and football rather than have a part time job.

How many people have actualy looked at how much they spend each month on gas for there vehicles?

I looked this month and was shocked. I spend about $700:eek: a month on gas alone. That includes my cars/truck, the wifes jeep, my sons car, and our boat.
I pay for my sons gas because he is a H.S. student and we chose for him to concentrate on his studies and football rather than have a part time job.

Wife and I both drive ~50 miles one way every day to work. Combined we get 25mpg and its still $650-$750 a month depending on gas price. It is actually still cheaper than moving closer to our works as our real estate taxes would go from 3k a year to 9k or so. :eek: and would still have a 10-15 mile drive each way.

Between $500-$600 /mo.. My son in HS drives a 79 El Camino which gets less than optimal gas mileage, he does lots of chores and helps out quite a bit around the house and gets a good allowance. Then we take it back when his gas bill comes at the end of the month.:p

We have four vehicles a jet ski and boat. I haven't kept track, but I can tell you that I can get into any given vehicle and there will be 1/4 tank or less. Guess who gets to fill 'er up?

glad to see i'm not the only one with theses high gas bills.

My wife is a Certified Public Accountant. She enters ALL of our financials into QuickBooks and runs reports on things. Kind of scary at the end of the year to see what you actually spend on groceries, gas, etc etc.

We spend just over 200 dollars a month. We get 1/2 back due to work..
2 Honda 4 cylinders cars and 3 miles to work for the both of us.

Oh yeah, no car payments either since 06.

gas, who uses gas? such a great advantage to working at home i only have to fill up every 3-7 weeks.

My wife and I spend about 650 a month. She commutes 65 mi a day and mine varies each week, could be 40 miles and it could be 340 miles.

Her Altima gets about 26 MPG average and my Acura TL gets about 24 average. I don't count the "fun cars" into that, because it's a hobby, not an incurred monthly expense.

I'm at a little less than $200.00 per month. Drive a high mpg Honda with 189k miles! and wife takes the wrx to school only a few miles away... No car payments since 2003 ;) I've also got an Expedition that gets maybe 18mpg on a great day but she rarely ever moves... Can't bear to pay $80+ to fill her up (drinks premium only)

I spend about $300 a month on gas, my kids are too young to drive, and my wife doesnt drive shes too scared. Only down fall to that is that i have to drive her evrywhere.

Less than $200 a month for my Buick, Mazda 3, Subaru Outback, 2 dirt bikes, and a Kawasaki jet ski.

I am glad I only live six miles from work.

ROb

I expend a LOT of gas monthly, especially after eating Chilli.....oh.....wait a minute....you're talking about GASOLINE expense?!?!:eek: OH.....:redface: Sorry....I thought....ahem.....I mean....well.....:tongue:

About $120-$200 a month depending on long trips we have to make to check on my ill Mom up in Northern Virginia.....we now combine all trips into one and it saves a lot.

If I were driving the Vette, I'd have to have an Amoco Gas Tanker following me...:rolleyes: That's why I keep it in the garage.

Bruce '87 Grand National

all Ill say is, with just buying a suburban... Ive started looking for a geo metro:mad: because i spend about 550+ a month on gas to power my fleet, and gas aint gettin any cheaper.

Has anyone else noticed that the value of geo metros and suzuki swifts has shot up?? a 500 dollar geo metro is worth 1100:eek:

Those Metros...amazing, isn't it? They get incredible gas mileage...only has three, count them, three cylinders!! The junkyards around here are full of them.

My ex-best buddy has one.....absolutley LOVES it....we've gone to junkyards to get parts for it on the cheap....they aren't hard to work on, but, really unsafe cars....I saw one rearended on RT 66 here last year by a pickup truck...it burst into flames and burned to death a little girl in the back seat...the car was about four feet long after the impact....bad.

My ex-buddy rebuilt the whole engine in his kitchen!! I just couldn't believe it.

I've driven it for about a week....it handles like a go kart, scoots everywhere, not comfortable at all, horrible for long trips but who cares if you're getting 43 mpg!

No protection anywhere on that car...one look at the doors and I think "cardboard thin". Not for me.

But still cheap, affordable, easy to park, great gas mileage, and money saving repairs you can do.....

Get this...my ex-buddy parked his GEO on our slanted driveway one night, left the emergency brake off, the stick OUT of first gear and it rolled about 75 feet downhill, slamming into a tree...took bark off, and dented the rear big time...but he drove it home with no problem.

Easy on gas, hard on YOU if you're ever hit.....it's up to you, good buddy. Just take it easy if you get one.

Just don't go and try to race a GN with it.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Less than $100 now, unless we're off on a vacation trip somewhere. It's nice being RETIRED! :cool:

Damn, I'm retired,too.......so why is everything getting so expensive? Seems it cost more to be retired than it is working.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Those Metros...amazing, isn't it? They get incredible gas mileage...only has three, count them, three cylinders!! The junkyards around here are full of them.

My ex-best buddy has one.....absolutley LOVES it....we've gone to junkyards to get parts for it on the cheap....they aren't hard to work on, but, really unsafe cars....I saw one rearended on RT 66 here last year by a pickup truck...it burst into flames and burned to death a little girl in the back seat...the car was about four feet long after the impact....bad.

My ex-buddy rebuilt the whole engine in his kitchen!! I just couldn't believe it.

I've driven it for about a week....it handles like a go kart, scoots everywhere, not comfortable at all, horrible for long trips but who cares if you're getting 43 mpg!

No protection anywhere on that car...one look at the doors and I think "cardboard thin". Not for me.

But still cheap, affordable, easy to park, great gas mileage, and money saving repairs you can do.....

Get this...my ex-buddy parked his GEO on our slanted driveway one night, left the emergency brake off, the stick OUT of first gear and it rolled about 75 feet downhill, slamming into a tree...took bark off, and dented the rear big time...but he drove it home with no problem.

Easy on gas, hard on YOU if you're ever hit.....it's up to you, good buddy. Just take it easy if you get one.

Just don't go and try to race a GN with it.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Oh i already Know... Ive seen some pretty bad accidents with them. Ive heard they are like Ford pintos if hit from the front. Im a big guy, so I dont know if ill fit in one. im looking for eaither an XFI, or a 1996 and newer geo, one thats a bit bigger, or a geo sedan hatchback...
My moms also talkin about getting another ford focus, exellent cars if they are taken care of... good gas mileage, and parts are pretty cheap. Not alot of them in the junkyards however from what ive seen..