Gabby Rojas just went 6.25 @110mph in the 1/8 mile on E85.

I would like Gabby to chime in on his reason for trying E-85. I bet the $140 for 10 gallons of C-16 is one reason. 10 gallons of the corn stuff here would run $bucks. Mid nines for $140...10.0s for $23 Hmmmmm.... :wink:
Now he can drive as much as he wants and still have Bottom ten, high nine power on tap for nothing compared to race gas. Cant say the same for C-16.
How much does he drive the car around Florida Brick?

He does drive the car plenty from what I'm told which is one reason the car doesn't have a cage and still has a 200-4R as well as A/C. The 1/8 mile track (Countyline) where he runs the car is not that far for him, but he always drives it there and home and he races this car a LOT! Seems like he races this car just about every week or at least every other week sometimes twice a week as long as the weather permits.:eek: I'd venture to say he easily has more passes in one month than most have in a year! As such, you can imagine he was definitely spending a good amount of money on C16 until he tried the E85.

You should start a thread on this so we dont pollute this one anymore.

LOL the damage is already done!;):D Kinda knew that would happen though when it was mentioned how fast he went on the stock fuel lines.

the 105 rating on the e85 pump is a minimum octane rating for the fuel.

In cold climates during the winter they mix 30% gas (e70) instead of 15% gas (e85) to avoid cold start issues.

The label on the pump will still say e85 for marketing/consistency purposes using the logic that if you are setup to run e85 but run e70 you would just be running richer.

Remember this fuel is marketed to the greenies and or for political reasons us gearheads are just taking advantage of the fuels high octane and charge cooling properties.

The problem with all this is if you tuned your car on e85 for max power and you get some e70 you wont be getting the octane that you have come to expect

e85 is approx 112 octane

I guess if you are going to run close to the ragged edge like some of the scenarios in this thread you ought to either be testing ethanol content or have an ethanol content meter installed

cant wait to see what it does in the 1/4 ( subscribed)

Jas anyone can run fast on anything look at the pump gas drags one guy ran 7.70son 7 cylinders . The bottom line is how much is in the motor and how much if you break it, to me 30 lbs of boost is no joke things can go wrong and c16 gives you alot more room for error. If the price of gas is an issue buy a v8 i ran low ten on pump gas and drove my camaro everywhere and that was 5 years ago im sure it run alot faster these days . We got a local viper that made over 1000 rwhp on pump gas with 14 degrees of timing and 15 pounds of boost once it hit the race sceen even at low boost it runs c 16 and we ran up to 28 psi and its still goin ;).

I agree with you except the V8 part. I like my tame lil V6!:D But, if one can find that happy medium, and save some cash, go for it.

He does drive the car plenty from what I'm told which is one reason the car doesn't have a cage and still has a 200-4R as well as A/C. The 1/8 mile track (Countyline) where he runs the car is not that far for him, but he always drives it there and home and he races this car a LOT! Seems like he races this car just about every week or at least every other week sometimes twice a week as long as the weather permits.:eek: I'd venture to say he easily has more passes in one month than most have in a year! As such, you can imagine he was definitely spending a good amount of money on C16 until he tried the E85.

Thats what I figured. It's not much different than what was said about Meth kits when they became popular...

Man, thats amazing that it will change that drastically with a 2psi difference! So what is the next step after 160's are maxed out? Up the fuel pressure? Or do you feel it could be a volume issue?

Getting more and more OT.... but IMHO Jeremy..... it had nothing to do with maxing out of the 160's..... the volume wasn't there... so the WB 02 correction kicked the duty cycle in the @ss trying to compensate...... which probably did little good as it (the pump) was truly maxed out. You might try a fuel pump controller and jack the voltage up on the pump..... and make a some measureable difference.... however.... I would think at this point.... you just needed to step the pump up. At that point.... you are walking a fine line...... with a short fuse....

IMHO.... everyone needs to flow their fuel systems at pressure (70 psi+ preferrably) to see what GPH the pump will actually put out...... then do the math.... to determine what hp it can really support.....and stay below what the pump is capable of doing.... or be prepared to face the music....

It probably goes without saying that the hp it can support is different for E85 vs regular gasolene.....

I like v6s too just remember when u push the envelope things happen .
I have nothing against e 85 or any other fuel its just a prefrence on an import with hi rpm low load its proven stellar a few local guys run deep in the 8s but just remember those cars arent cheap neither are the mods to get them there to me its cheap insurance to run race fuel its not a v6 or v8 things just my take on things .

I agree with you Laz the C16 is good insurance, but I think for some guys like Gabby that race and drive their cars a lot the E85 might not be the worst alternative because after a while that $14-$16 a gallon probably gets real old. When you calculate what they would save in one year it might even be enough to rebuild the motor in the event of the motor giving up. I can remember when you could drive to VP station in Fort Lauderdale and get C16 for $7-$8 a gallon and thinking that was a lot.:eek:

Awesome video James, thanks for posting that and thanks to Veronica for taking the video!:cool:

No problem.if you look at the other video, youll see the first race where gabby beat dexter.

Anytime James & 86brick... Thanks for the acknowledgment! :D P.S./James; We have a pending run. Congrats 1ce again 2 Gabby!

Anytime James & 86brick... Thanks for the acknowledgment! :D P.S./James; We have a pending run. Congrats 1ce again 2 Gabby!

didnt know that was you veronica without the match.com pic.lol.you know my buick is always ready to take down that mustang.

didnt know that was you veronica without the match.com pic.lol.you know my buick is always ready to take down that mustang.
Lmao! Oh hell na! Don't hate on my pic James... I do admit that I joined the darkside when I got a stang but and as much as it's gonna hurt me cause I love Buicks, I'ma put a whoop'n on urs. Want the jump? lol

Yes I will be there Thank's to (IVAN @ Tranny Tech) for finding the problem with my 400 an built me a monster :)