G-Machine Anyone?

Detroit Speed & Engineering is coming out with suspension goodies for the G-body platform later this summer so keep an eye out. Based on the stuff they make for the early F-bodies I'm excited to see what they bring to market :)

I'm looking forward to seeing their products. I have heard good and bad but you cant judge anything until the products are out. Based on their past, I'd say they should have some good quality engineering put into the parts. Too bad they werent out 5 years ago when I built my car! Time always brings new ideas out so I'm looking forward to seeing how their stuff compares to SC+C's.

I am very familiar with DSE. They make a superior product and they charge accordingly. You cannot go wrong with them. I am going a step beyond what they offer for the G-Body.
Hot Air

Do the Prothanes come with all new washers and sleeves?
If they do, I'm getting a set of those...

I've got the low buck suspension mods. But I'm happy with it. Moog springs, bilsteins, boxed uppers and lowers, and bushings. In fact I'm finding the limiting factor in my cars ability to corner is my stock seat not being able to hold me in place. Next on my to do list will be the brakes.

Has anyone talked to Paul Ferry, owner of NRPartsNStuff about Pro-Touring rear suspension? I have sent him an e-mail and left a telephone message asking for his guidance on our rear suspension. I'm thinking their "Ultimate" upper and lower control arms might free up the suspension somewhat. Look for PN 02160 and 0264 for the "Ultimate" pieces. They use BIG rod ends and spherical bearing. Scroll about 2/3 of way down the "New Products" section on the left side of the page.

HRpartsNstuff "Your WWW performance parts supplier"

Conrad

I finally have some traction. I bought a set of 07 Vette wheels on e-bay. The fronts are 8.5 x 18 and rears are 10 x 19. I have the rears on but not the fronts. I grabbed a pair of new Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 in 295-30-19 for the rear. Using billet aluminum spacers, shaved frame rails (thanks to Jack and Brian Cotton), and trimmed wheel well opening (thanks to Terry Faulkener at Faulkener Designs) the wheel/tire fit with a "little" space. It hooks much better from a roll!

Still trying to find a deal on new MPS 245-40-18's or 255-35-18's.
Conrad

I'm running the black Energy Suspension poly body bushings on my T-top car, the ride quality is great. The better you tie the body and frame together, the better everything works as a matched set. I had way less rattles and noise in the interior after installing them. The body doesn't creak and move as much.

Anybody around the area is more than welcome to come check the combo out and go for a spin.

ultimate handling

I would think a full frame swap for those with deep pockets would be more rewarding to handling/ packaging of parts

Schwartz Performance, Inc.

The handling abilities he has gotten on these cars is nothing short of amazing with his frame swap. His designs are great as a bolt on also. Most similar chassis require extensive sheetmetal reworking.

The thing that really sells me on his engineering is that he took an early 80's huge cadillac and got it to pull over 1 g in a turn and spanked some high dollar high end parts cars in the 90's. Surely a gn can be made to pull a g.

I would think a full frame swap for those with deep pockets would be more rewarding to handling/ packaging of parts

Schwartz Performance, Inc.

The handling abilities he has gotten on these cars is nothing short of amazing with his frame swap. His designs are great as a bolt on also. Most similar chassis require extensive sheetmetal reworking.

The thing that really sells me on his engineering is that he took an early 80's huge cadillac and got it to pull over 1 g in a turn and spanked some high dollar high end parts cars in the 90's. Surely a gn can be made to pull a g.

If they made a frame for a G-body...

true

True he doesnt currently sell one, but I dont think its because he cant. I was just saying an approach like he makes appeals more to me than some of the other mods and their drawbacks. Stiffer frame, takes up less space and is lighter in most cases. Art morrison makes several versions but in some of his designs extensive floor modifications are needed. It all boils down to what results do you want, what can you afford and what are you willing to do to get them. I would love to have been there when Shwartz passes some of the Ford 97 models(approx) cobras on the one lap of america road course with a 80's era cadillac. I would say the look on the Ford owners faces would have to be priceless. All I am saying on here is that A Grandnational should be a handling performer as well as it is in a straightline.