G-body Parts Headliner

ASturbo86

Update to my headliner saga.
After some investigation by Brian, he discovered they had received some headliners with the wrong gray color mixed in with his original shipment. He then had Acme send me the correct color along with extra material to have my visors and slider board recovered. Received everything and it looks great, much closer to my original color.
Thanks Brian.

Now all I need to do is find a visor with the lighted vanity mirror so I can keep the woman happy. Sure wish I would have ordered this originally for only $10 back in the day. So if anyone has a real nice one in great shape along with wiring intact (material condition doesn't matter obviously), send me a PM. Thanks.

installed it sunday looks very nice what a pain in d A$$ to put the lace around the moonroof back in ......

I used a credit card to push the material into the channel around the astroroof opening and the lace pushed right in without any problem. Was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be for this part of it. Left about 1.5 to 1.75 inch of extra material when I cut the hole for the opening.
Caution: Don't precut slits in the corners until you have it installed in the car. The opening in the ABS backer is larger than the opening in the car so you won't need as long a cut as you think to aid in inserting the material in the corners. Ask me how I know.....I forgot about this fact. :mad: Luckily only one corner slightly showed and was able use some tricks to cover it up as much as possible.

Also wanted to thank G-body Parts for sending me new visor sleeves to keep mine up after getting recovered; no charge!! I never had a problem before but meant to order them along with everything else just in case. Needless to say I forgot and was going to be faced with having to pay shipping on just this little part. Couldn't find them at any parts stores or dealers. When I contacted GBP to get a total cost they stated they would just send them out to me. Can't thank you enough guys. Everythings back in and looks great.
So anybody doing headliner/visor replacement should definitely add this part to their order, cheap insurance to make sure everything operates like it should when you get it back together.