G-body 25.3 SFI rebuild

Thanks guys. Last season the car weighed 3258 lbs w/driving carrying 50 lbs of ballast. With the weight taken out my guess would be the car should be close to 200 lbs lighter. The doors account for the largest reduction at 132 lbs.

I'm thinking 3000 lbs w/driver should be pretty realistic, but we won't know till it's back from paint and fully assembled again.

Time for a quick update. I finally got around to working on the trunk area. I had been putting it off since I didn't really know how I wanted to tackle certain aspects of the trunk layout, mounting, etc. I got a decent start building some support tubes for the floor structure, the moved on to fabricating the mounts for the fuel cell and fuel pump. This week I'll take a look at making mounts for the battery tray, then it'll be time to begin the trunk sheetmetal.

rebuild130.jpg

rebuild131.jpg

rebuild132.jpg

rebuild133.jpg

rebuild134.jpg

I can't figure out why, but I never get any e-mail notifications on this forum. I think I checked my User CP and instant notification is checked.

Any ideas?

The battery tray and mount are now complete. I got started on the trunk sheetmetal today.

rebuild135.jpg

rebuild136.jpg

rebuild137.jpg

rebuild138.jpg

Besides the beautiful welding, thats some nice sheetmetal work too!

Share any details of the driveline/powerplant?

Also, there is a problem with the forum right now with not getting any email notifications, it's not just you. :cool:

Besides the beautiful welding, thats some nice sheetmetal work too!

Share any details of the driveline/powerplant?

Also, there is a problem with the forum right now with not getting any email notifications, it's not just you. :cool:

Thank you.

The engine is a 582 ci bbc with Brodix Head Hunter conventional heads, cast intake, single dominator on C15 gas. I built the engine with all off the shelf parts. We dyno'd it locally and it made 1056 hp and 811 ft/lbs. Trans is a Rossler Terminator 5 pro Mod glide (1.80) and the converter is an Ultimate Converter Concepts 8" that flashes to 6500 rpm. The car used to have a 12 bolt with 4.11's, now has the TRZ 9" with the same gear ratio, 40 spline gun drilled, ultra light options, etc.

The car used to weigh 3258 lbs w/driver carrying 50 lbs of ballast to meet rules requirements for RAM 10.5 class. With this rebuild I expect the car to weigh approx 3000 lbs with driver and no ballast, but that is an estimate.

Last year the car ran bottom 8.50's at 159 mph, 1.24 60' on a Hoosier 295/65 DOT drag radial, all motor.

This thread keeps getting better and better. That car is amazing man... You have some amazing skills I wish I had a tenth of.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

After some 450+ hours of evenings and weekends, I need to get this fabrication done so I can get my home life back. It's really wearing me down, but trying not to cut corners.

BTW, my main reason for posting a build like this is to show those not real familiar with fabrication what it takes to complete a build like this. Some may not realize all the details that go into such a build, nor the time it takes to perform this type of work.

Honestly stock suspension cars tend to be more time consuming and difficult compared to full tube chassis builds. Some might not believe that, but I feel it's true based on my experience in building cars.

BTW, my main reason for posting a build like this is to show those not real familiar with fabrication what it takes to complete a build like this. Some may not realize all the details that go into such a build, nor the time it takes to perform this type of work.

Honestly stock suspension cars tend to be more time consuming and difficult compared to full tube chassis builds. Some might not believe that, but I feel it's true based on my experience in building cars.

Unfortunately it seems there are not that many left on this board that can appreciate going fast and the time, money and effort it takes to build something like this.

I can and do, thanks for the pics. Nice car I took a few notes on it for my build.

Todd,

After all these years the car is still looking great and running strong. The videos were really impressive.

Cheers,

"motorhead" Michael Lis

Unfortunately it seems there are not that many left on this board that can appreciate going fast and the time, money and effort it takes to build something like this.

I can and do, thanks for the pics. Nice car I took a few notes on it for my build.

It's nice to see some who understand how much work this is. Not sure why people have left the board, if so, that's unfortunate.

Todd,

After all these years the car is still looking great and running strong. The videos were really impressive.

Cheers,

"motorhead" Michael Lis

Wow, there's a blast from the past. Good to hear from you Mike, it's been quite a long time.

Todd