Fuel Rail - Schrader Valve - Part Number ?

Jan Larsson

Just like to get a couple of spares just in case ... anyone have the correct part number as I take it these are different from the A/C or the tyre schrader valves having to coupe with fuel.

Any help much appreciated.

As far as I know all the valves are the same, never have found an AC or fuel specific one.

As far as I know all the valves are the same, never have found an AC or fuel specific one.

I was not sure if they are the same or not ... I see the A/C valves out there but not sure if they are specific to A/C systems (thinking compatible with the oil used etc.) or not.

I bought a whole part for an AN fuel adapter to tee into the fuel line, from these guys for my boat project:

http://www.dieselorings.com/schrader-valve-fuel-injection-rated-1-8-mnpt.html

Reading the warnings on this page that confirms what I thought ...

WARNING: Do not attempt to use a Schrader valve designed for air or refrigeration for test port applications on fuel injection systemsas neither of these types of valve cores are rated for the engine temperatures found underhood or the corrosive actions of fuel compounds. The non-fuel rated types of valves will leak and will potentially cause a fire hazard under your hood!

Will see if they sell just the valves ....

Correct, that is why this one has Viton Cup Washer etc. For $5.50, just get this and then unscrew the valve. Not sure you can get it any cheaper than that?

AcDelco 88894338 got for $5.77 on amazon. That is for the valve.

ac valves ARE different than tire valves,
1. pressure, ac can approach 350psi, your tire will blow up long before that.
2. sealing material, tire use common rubber, ac uses viton or specfic rubber compatible with ac oils, and as said can handle high pressures.
3. fuel schrader valves are specfic for fuel/ alcohol mix, and none of the others will last long,
so use the right one!