Fuel Pump

GN2.jpeg

Nice car, beautiful. Keep lurking the forum. There are some things you just need to know. The fuel pump could have been replaced with an aeromotive unit for $100 bucks, or several others. Any old aftermarket fuel pump weather it keeps the car running or not, may not have the fuel delivery needed while under boost. That is where someone knowledgeable about the car comes into play.

Replacement parts can cause some serious damage if not the proper application. Let us know how it goes!

Nice car, beautiful. Keep lurking the forum. There are some things you just need to know. The fuel pump could have been replaced with an aeromotive unit for $100 bucks, or several others. Any old aftermarket fuel pump weather it keeps the car running or not, may not have the fuel delivery needed while under boost. That is where someone knowledgeable about the car comes into play.

Replacement parts can cause some serious damage if not the proper application. Let us know how it goes!

Understood. I think the mechanic is not the worst one in the world by any means. he has been researching a lot on the car as well. He as an immaculate shop for the custom and specialty cars. i was pretty impressed on some of his knowledge. he has done a decent job thus far and i am at his shop everyday watching his every move. It will be nice to have a group that can help now that i found this forum!

Nice car. Too bad your a little far away. I'm just north of Portland. I was down in Bend a couple of weeks ago visiting a friend. If you ever need any help or advise you can contact me.

Well final report. The Buick is home! all seems to be good. filled it up with ethanol free premium for the winter. i will say this, i noticed over the past few months that when i turned the key to the on position right before you go all the way to start i would always here the fuel pump make noise (like its priming and doing its job) and i would wait until it was pressurized before i started the car. lately i have noticed different noises coming from it. now that i have this new pump in i don't hear anything when the key is in the on position. car just fires right up. not sure if that was worth mentioning or not. I want to give a big thanks to the members on the forum for the help. i have made some good contacts that i can talk with if anything else comes up. its very much appreciated.

Well final report. The Buick is home! all seems to be good. filled it up with ethanol free premium for the winter. i will say this, i noticed over the past few months that when i turned the key to the on position right before you go all the way to start i would always here the fuel pump make noise (like its priming and doing its job) and i would wait until it was pressurized before i started the car. lately i have noticed different noises coming from it. now that i have this new pump in i don't hear anything when the key is in the on position. car just fires right up. not sure if that was worth mentioning or not. I want to give a big thanks to the members on the forum for the help. i have made some good contacts that i can talk with if anything else comes up. its very much appreciated.

If you don't hear the fuel pump prime now just by turning the key to the ON position .. chances are you will need to look at / replace the fuel pump relay.

If you don't hear the fuel pump prime now just by turning the key to the ON position .. chances are you will need to look at / replace the fuel pump relay.

thats not what i wanted to hear! i will have my wife turn the key to the on position and see if i can hear it standing outside the car. i didn't hear anything from the drivers seat like i normally do

thats not what i wanted to hear! i will have my wife turn the key to the on position and see if i can hear it standing outside the car. i didn't hear anything from the drivers seat like i normally do

Don't panic yet .. its such a simple fix !! take you 1 minute to replace it :)

Some pumps are also pretty quiet, especially on a full tank. If you have a fuel gauge, let the fuel out of the rail. Turn key in the on position and see if it primes before you go buying a relay.