fuel pump???

Sumbeach86gn

I'm going through my 86 gn. It's been sitting for seven years. Along with spring cleaning I pulled the radiator, ic, and gas tank to clean and flush. My thoughts are.... Put on a duttweiler neck while the ic is out. Also upgrade the fuel pump while tank is off. Was liking what everyone says about the 340 with hot wire combo. The rest of car is still stock. Will a pump upgrade work ok with stock injectors, chip etc. I'm planning on a scan master for tuning and maybe pressure reg too. But I can only buy so much at once. The plan is to get her running again then do other mods one at a time, like injectors, chip, air intake etc.

They work fine. It's a almost mandatory upgrade stock or not. Putting one on tomm. Grab a hotwire kit as well. Some if the vendors have them as a package. Got mine for gbodyparts.
I'm doing the same thing, spring cleaning and slowly add pieces and upgrades over the winter. You should plan on getting the timing chain swapped maybe even the cover pending what it looks like.

While the duttweiler neck is cool I would save the cash there since you are on a budget and our cars are notorious for something silly crapping out when we are trying to mod for power. The scanmaster is a MUST. Once you get the car up and running with the 340 and hotwire kit get a regulator, chip and injectors. If your car has high miles on it springs and timing chain should be high on the list as well. From a performance stand point the chip will be one of the best bangs for the buck especially if your chip is stock. If your chip is stock you will likely want to get a chip in there once you confirm it runs even if it means doing another chip later when you can pay for injectors.